This is a fantastic position for a middle grade doctor looking for an extremely supportive start in the NHS with a tailored induction program where you will graduate into a registrar role in Acute Paediatrics and Emergency medicine.
The Trust are looking for a motivated internationally trained doctor looking to take their first role in the UK. They will offer up to a full year working on the SHO rota before stepping up fully to middle grade when you meet the agreed competencies.
This post would suite someone who is in the final stages of GMC registration, ideally with MRCPCH and OET.
As a middle grade trust doctor, you will be expected to:
- Attend ward rounds with the consultant of the week.
- See new and follow up cases in the paediatric clinic under supervision of the consultant.
- See referrals in the children’s observation and assessment unit.
- When fully working as an SCF, you will supervise SHO’s and Junior Fellows in evaluating patients and undertaking clinical tasks.
- The successful candidate will be expected to complete additional duties in emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.
- Engage in quality improvement and participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and Audit.
- The Trust has a total of 900 beds with 700 at the primary site and a 200-bed satellite unit.
- The paediatric department consists of 51 inpatients beds with an additional 3 designated high dependency.
- There is a local children’s outpatient department with regular visiting specialists conducting clinics.
- This is a busy paediatric unit with the ED taking in over 10,000 emergency cases each year.
- Mostly known for its diversity and multi-cultural community, the hospital is located in the North of England only an hour away from the major metropolitan city of Manchester.
- This area has a fantastic cost of living with good quality but relatively low-cost housing and accommodation.
- The area has a multitude of both ‘good’ and ‘outstanding’ schools and so is a great location for a young family or a doctor who is relocating with children.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCPCH (essential).
- GMC Registration.
- Senior or Registrar experience overseas.
- Level 3 safeguarding is preferred.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.