The Trust are looking for a highly motivated and experienced clinician to work as part of their Registrar set up within Acute Medicine. This role will suit doctors who have a sub-specialty interest in Respiratory Medicine they’d like to pursue; doctors who are looking to gain their first year of NHS experience to get into the training system; or doctors who are simply looking for their next non-training role at Registrar level.
- You will be required to take responsibility for the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients based in the respiratory department and those coming through the front door.
- Participate in the General Medicine on call rota.
- Keep patient notes up to date.
- Take an active role in any multi-disciplinary team meetings to ensure patients with conditions across specialties are given a high standard of care.
- Take responsibility for teaching junior doctors, nurses and medical students.
- Keep clinical knowledge up to date with CPD, you will be allocated a period of study leave to for this.
You will be based at a medium sized district acute general hospital which was recently redeveloped 10 years ago. The hospital has a reputation for being very supportive of doctors coming straight from overseas so tends to be a good starting point if its your first role in the NHS. The hospital has been accredited as one of the UK’s top research centers, you will be encouraged to participate in the research taking place that involves the Respiratory department.
The hospital is located in a large town on the south coast of England. It’s a popular spot for holidaymakers in the summer… You’ll be able to benefit from some wonderful coastal scenery which includes some of the country’s nicest beaches. You’re only a couple of hours away from London via car or train here. The town has a diverse, cosmopolitan population and has a reputation for being a great place to raise a young family.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- MRCP or another postgraduate qualification (PLAB, USMLE, Sri Lankan MD etc)
- Previous Registrar experience either overseas or in the UK
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.