Senior Clinical Fellow Paediatrics and Neonatology
- £51,017 - £58,398 + Uplifts
- North East
are looking for an experienced individual to join a committed group of
clinicians in delivering Paediatric services at this large district general
The successful applicant will be joining an enthusiastic, dedicated team who cover a wide range of different specialties and provide general and sub specialist Paediatric care.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Participate in Paediatric and Neonatal Ward Rounds and liaise with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Engage in Registrar support for paediatric outpatient clinics.
- Take on-call duties in the Emergency Department.
- Undertake safeguarding medical examinations.
- Engage in quality improvement and participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and Audit.
- Participate in the tier two on call service.
- Fulfil the duties of the weekly timetable including any out-of-hours responsibilities.
- Maintain high clinical standards in the management of General Paediatric patients.
- Become acquainted with management protocols for Paediatrics and helping to update them.
- Undertake ward rounds in conjunction with a consultant.
- Supervise the clinical work of junior Paediatric doctors.
- Gain experience in teaching/ training of medical/ nursing staff.
- Ensure active participation in own continuing medical education.
The Department and the Hospital:
position is based at a district general hospital in the North East of England.
The department includes a general ward and child assessment unit, children’s outpatient clinic area and level 1 special care baby unit.
The hospital is located in a quieter, more tranquil part of the UK. The North East is a fantastic place to live and very popular with IMG’s for the following reasons:
- Very international community, so there will be lots of familiar faces.
- A safe area with low crime rates.
- Much lower cost of living than other areas of the UK.
- Beautiful surrounding areas of natural beauty.
In order to be considered eligible for this role, you will need:
- Full MRCPCH
- IELTS or OET if you are coming from overseas
- GMC Registered or in process
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role, whether in the NHS or elsewhere
As well as the above, the following are also
desirable, though not necessarily essential:
- Right to work in the UK (Skilled Worker Visa can be sponsored for overseas applicants)
- SCE or other recognised senior qualifications
- Life support qualifications such as APLS, NLS and BLS
- Experience with safeguarding cases
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care