This is an exciting opportunity to join a reputable hospital in the West Midlands. The hospital is looking for a Neonatology Senior Clinical Fellow. The opportunity is available for any doctors with an interest in Neonates and experience working at middle grade level overseas, or as a step up for those already working in the NHS. This role will be great for a doctor looking to pursue training in Neonatology.
- As a Neonatology Senior Clinical Fellow, you will be expected to play a senior role in delivering high-quality Neonatal care.
- The Senior Clinical Fellows currently work to a 1 in 15 rota, covering the Neonatal wards.
- An important part of the role is resuscitation for newborns and ongoing management, so experience in this is crucial.
- Care is also required for newborns on postnatal and transitional care wards.
- The appointee will be allocated both a clinical and educational supervisor and will have many of the same opportunities as national training posts.
- Senior Clinical Fellows have a shared responsibility for training undergraduate students and postgraduate staff. There will also be a smaller element of training nurses.
The Hospital & Department:
The hospital is a Level 3 Neonatal Unit with 40 Neonatal cots. These are distributed across NICU, HDU and SCBU levels of care. As a regional centre for Neonatology, the neonatology unit receives around 1000 annual admissions. The team are committed to continuous professional development, especially where this role emulates a training role it makes it easier to build your e-portfolio. The department run governance meetings for audits, clinical improvement groups, root cause analysis, a weekly journal club, perinatal meetings etc. The hospital also boasts a research centre and a well-equipped on-site library. There is also study leave allowance for relevant local courses.
You’ll be based in a vibrant city in the West Midlands, it is a hub for transport as there are good road links and multiple train stations, making it easy to travel around and out of the city. The nearest airport is only 30 minutes’ drive away and Heathrow, the UK’s largest international airport, is only an hour and a half away.
The city is known for its cultural diversity. There is a strong sense of community which can be felt around the city and when attending numerous community events which create a sense of belonging.
The mix of ethnicities and communities are seen through the city’s festivals, events and mass international cuisine.
The city is full of life day and night with endless things to do. The beautiful city hosts major sporting events and is home to numerous theaters, galleries music venues offering lots of fun for young adults and families!
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Eligible for GMC registration.
- MRCPCH or equivalent by examination.
- APLS /NLS/NRP
- Level 3 Child safeguarding
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.