This is a fantastic role for a dedicated general paediatrician with an interest in neonatology looking to work in a friendly, supportive team with a history of onboarding and developing internationally trained doctors.
As a Senior clinical fellow in Paediatrics, you will be expected to:
- Conduct daily rounds in the Paediatric ward and Neonatal unit.
- When on call, see Paediatric Patients in the Emergency department.
- Act as a senior voice to the junior medical staff and nursing team.
- Conduct safeguarding assessments with at risk patients.
- OPD clinics for new and follow up appointments under supervision of the consultant.
- Participate in clinical/medical audit, teaching and research within the children’s service.
- Undertake professional development activities and engage in the appraisal process.
hospital is one of three sites managed by the Health board with a total of 7600
beds serving a population of 474,000. The hospital itself boasts 200 beds with a
comprehensive range of in-patient, day case and outpatient facilities together
with A&E and diagnostic facilities. The hospital has a level 2 SCBU Neonatal unit.
You will enjoy being situated between two of the largest cities in Wales whilst having access to beautiful scenery and rich countryside of the Brecon Beacons.
There are reliable national transport links as well as a large international airport nearby.
The cost of living is very low so you will be able to enjoy thoroughly the local attractions and all the services you could need.
For people who enjoy living in the city, the hospital is situated roughly half an hour away from the Welsh capital so you can live amongst the hustle and bustle of a major metropolitan center and easily commute to work.
links including road, rail and from Cardiff airport are all within easy reach
The team are open to applicants from the UK or from overseas and will support you in settling into the new role.
for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCPCH.
- GMC Registration.
of child safeguarding.
years of clinical experience.
- Registrar (or equivalent) level experience in Paediatrics and level 2 Neonatology.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI
Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will
assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke
- Application support with expert knowledge of
specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific
example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary,
relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by
one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the
way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other
aspects of pastoral care.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to Dennis@bdiresourcing.com and one of our specialist team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.