As a General Medicine Senior Clinical Fellow, you will play an important part of the hospital system, treating unwell patents across many different medical sub-specialties. The broad nature of this role means it is ideal for a doctor joining with good Internal Medicine experience from overseas. This role is ideal for doctors who wish to build upon their Medicine Registrar skills before moving into higher specialty (ST4) training or directly into consultant roles.
- The post holder will be working in the General Medicine team, directly supervised by the Consultant team. The post-holder will also be working alongside Junior Clinical Fellows, NHS trainees, specialist nurses and a range of AHPs. This team is responsible for delivering high-quality care to a wide range of General Medical inpatients and outpatients.
- The work will be largely based on the General Medicine wards, with some potential for reach into Diabetes and Endocrinology, Care of the Elderly and Infectious Disease.
- The successful applicant will be actively participating on the middle grade on-call rota which will involve a mix of day shifts, twilights, nights, and weekends.
- The successful applicant will be assigned both a clinical and educational supervisor and will receive regular appraisals in order to build their portfolio. There are departmental audits, research, and local teaching sessions which can be participated in. There is a study leave allowance for relevant professional exams and courses.
This opportunity is based at a 450+ bed hospital in Manchester. It is a district general hospital with a range of clinical services, medical sub-specialties managed on-site include General Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Respiratory Medicine, Acute Medicine, Infectious Disease, Cardiology, Care of the Elderly, Gastroenterology and Emergency Medicine.
The hospital is based in Manchester, in the north of England. This is one of the most sought-after locations for doctors moving to the UK, being renowned for being a lively and exciting place to live. It is also an excellent place to raise a family with wide variety of schools with a high educational standard. The cost of living is low compared with much of the rest of England, so you have more spending power with your take-home pay, meaning it’s easier to support a family. Manchester is a very culturally diverse region with excellent access to international markets, shops and restaurants. Manchester International Airport is only 35 minutes’ drive away so it is easy to visit family and friends overseas.
The team are open to applications from a range of individuals. This may be experience in General Medicine, Intensive Care, Emergency Medicine, or any medical sub-specialty (especially Diabetes and Endocrinology, Care of the Elderly, or Infectious Disease).
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent post-graduate qualification)
- Occupational English Test (OET) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- GMC Registration either waiting ID check or Complete
- Medicine experience at a Registrar level
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
If this opportunity looks like it might be of interest, please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and it can be considered for the post. If you have any questions or would like to find out more about the opportunity feel free to send your queries through to the same email address and we can discuss it further.