The two successful candidates will join as Senior Clinical Fellows in Emergency Medicine. This opportunity is for ambitious candidates to join a University Trust in a top location near Manchester.
The Successful candidate will:
- Assess patients, make primary diagnosis, and initiate emergency treatment under senior clinical supervision.
- Assist with the training and supervision of medical students and other allied health professionals in the department.
- Attend organized teaching sessions and participate in departmental audit projects.
- Participate in regular appraisal and mentoring sessions with the designated educational supervisor.
- Undertake a weekly schedule of 40-44 hours working clinically plus 4 hours training/admin time.
- Undertake night shifts and a maximum of 1 in 3 weekends. Further details of the work schedule can be provided upon request.
- There are senior clinicians on duty 24/7, with consultant cover from 8am to midnight.
Manchester consistently ranks as the most liveable city in the UK according to The Global Liveability Survey. In general, the Northwest is one of the most desirable locations to live for IMGs. The region is extremely diverse and attracts an international community and the city of Manchester has a modern a cosmopolitan feel for young couples and singles. You will also enjoy a much lower cost of living than the Southern parts of the UK which makes it a perfect place for young families too. In particular, Manchester has a rich and fascinating history and it offers an exciting array of opportunities inside and outside the city. You also benefit from international travel with the Manchester International Airport on your doorstep.
- 32% lower cost of living than London
- Manchester International Airport
- There are 12 mosques in and around the Manchester area
Moving to this trust, it is possible to commute daily from Manchester city centre.
This Hospital is part of a large University Trust and is affiliated with one of the major trauma sentres in the region. The Emergency Department is located in the Emergency Care Village.
The ED runs comprehensive Majors and Resuscitation areas, including for Paediatric patients, and also houses an Urgent Treatment Centre for the assessment and treatment of all Minor Illnesses. There is a Trauma Team, Cardiac Arrest Team, and Paediatric Arrest Team.
This trust encourages research projects, and the service is also committed to an audit programme. The post holder would be expected to take an active role in audit, QIPs, and departmental research projects which is a perfect opportunity to develop professionally.
- (MRCEM) or Equivalent is desirable but not essential.
- Cleared IELTS or OET if you are coming from overseas.
- Registrar level experience (or above) in an Emergency Setting.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of the Emergency Medicine Specialism
- Tailored Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and salary negotiations
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Guidance through Pre-employment checks
- COS and Visa Application support for you and your family
- Support securing short-term and long-term accommodation
- Assistance with Travel Arrangements
- Support finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.