We have an amazing opportunity to join the Emergency Department as a Senior Clinical Fellow where you will assist in the running of the shop floor and supporting your colleagues in managing the department. We have a well-established reputation for postgraduate training and clinical research, as well as a strong dedication to providing high quality patient care. If successful, you will be offered a 12-month contract with a view to extend at the end of the year.
Hours of work will be subject to the requirements of the service; however, a formal plan will be provided to the post holder before joining the department. Personal development is highly regarded so we encourage all staff to get involved in teaching sessions and the different learning opportunities provided.
The successful applicant will receive a formal job plan which will be agreed with the department before joining the department. The duties include:
- Assist in delivering quality patient care
- Support the management of the Emergency Department shop floor
- Communicate with other departments both Clinical and Managerial
- Supervise junior staff
- Contribute to department meetings
- Participate in clinical audits
- Active involvement in teaching
- Non-clinical time for personal professional development
The Department and Hospital:
Our Trust is one of the largest Trusts in the NHS and the A&E Department here is rapidly expanding at the Trust as we continue to look for ways to develop. We have two Emergency Medicine departments which provide a wide variety of acute services. We are also a campus for a medical school of one of the highest rated universities in the world.
You will have a supportive onboarding experience when you join the Trust and a well-planned shadowing period to give you the time you need to adjust to your new job. We have a "buddy up" scheme where you will be paired with another international doctor as soon as you arrive to assist you transition into the position.
London is one of the most diverse locations in the UK, which makes it a very welcoming location for overseas doctors joining the Trust. The Trust has excellent transport links that make Central London and its surroundings easily accessible. There are many 'Good' to 'Outstanding' rated schools in the local area and we can guide the post holder in getting their children enrolled in their preferred schools.
- Full MRCEM or NHS experience
- OET or IELTS if you are applying from overseas
- GMC Registered or registration in process
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care