Senior Clinical Fellow in Anaesthetics & Intensive Care (interest in Obstetrics)
- £50,373 - £78,759 (including additional enhancements)
The departments covers a wide variety of elective, day case and emergency surgery split across two main sites. One site focuses on managing the emergency surgery of all specialties and the other site concentrates on providing the majority of the elective work. They currently cover one Intensive care unit and one High Dependency Unit, two obstetrics units and provide elective Anaesthesia at both sites.
This post is for a full time Senior Clinical Fellow in Anaesthetics to start as soon as possible. The post is for a fixed term period of 12 months with the possibility of extension.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful applicant to gain experience in general Anaesthetics in a supportive department. The post holder will be required to work on the obstetric Anaesthesia on call rota on a 1:8 basis at with Epsom Hospital or St Helier Hospital.
Your main duties for this position include assessing, caring, and treating patients that are being referred to the specialties that you are covering at each site. You will also be encouraged to help with teaching and training of juniors and nurses - if this is something that interests you. Furthermore, there are opportunities to get involved with relevant audit and quality assurance processes.
On Call Duties
This site will primarily consist of providing Anaesthetic cover of the labour ward and paediatric emergencies. You may also be expected to support the anaesthetic fellow covering the level 2 critical care unit when the need arises.
This site will require you to provide Anaesthetic cover of the labour ward and paediatric emergencies. You may also be expected to support the core trainee Anaesthetist covering emergency theatres and other 1st on-call duties when the need arises.
Both sites will also have a non-resident Consultant on-call.
In order to apply for this role you will need:
- GMC Registration complete (or awaiting ID check)
- Recognized post graduate degree (EDAIC, EDIC, MRCP, FRCA, USMLE)
- Language test (OET or IELTS)
- ECFMG verification
- Experience in a similar position overseas or locally (Senior Clinical Fellow/Specialist/Senior Resident/Specialty Doctor)
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this opportunity or if you would like to discuss your search for work and seek advice on other available posts then please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the specialist oncology team will be in touch to discuss your options.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your job search!