Senior Clinical Fellow General Medicine
- £51,017 plus enhancements
- South East
are seeking a highly-skilled and experienced Registrar to work in General
Medicine for their 500-bedded site to help them continue being able to deliver
an excellent standard of care to their patients. As a Senior Clinical Fellow,
you will work closely with a team of Consultants, junior doctors and nurses to
manage patients who present acute and chronic medical conditions. You will
perform a vital role as part of the General Medicine service at the hospital.
You will be tasked with assessment, diagnosis and management of patients as
well as the teaching and training of junior members of the clinical team. The
opportunity will suit those who want to get their core competencies signed for
training or those who want to pursue a career in General Medicine.
- As a General Medicine middle grade, you will be required to take a senior role in the assessment and management of patients who present acute medical issues.
- You’ll be expected to work the General Medicine on call rota. The expectation is that it will be a 1 in 8 rota, this is subject to change.
- You’ll have to attend MDT meetings (Multi-Disciplinary Team) to discuss patients who present problems across a variety of specialties.
- It will be necessary to take an active role in the teaching of junior doctors, nurses, and medical students.
- You’ll be required to keep your clinical skills up to date with regular CPD. You will be granted study leave to help with this.
The hospital is a medium-sized hospital which provides healthcare services to a population of 400,000 people. The hospital has a reputation for teaching and training excellence. It also places amongst the top 20 hospitals in the UK for its research facilities. It’s a great place to go if you’re looking for somewhere that will help you develop and push on as a clinician.
You’ll be based on the southern coast of England just an hour’s train journey from London.
The area has a high standard of living and a range of attractive towns and villages to choose from. The county boasts some beautiful countryside, historic towns, and a range of cultural attractions, making it a great place to both work and live.
You’ll be based in a town that has excellent transport connections to London. This can make it easier for international doctors to travel around the UK and access other parts of the healthcare system.
The standard of local schooling local to the hospital is fantastic. It’s a safe, family-friendly area to live which benefits from a good mix of urban and rural style of living.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- IELTS or OET
- Full MRCP, PLAB, USMLE or other postgraduate qualification
- Previous Registrar experience in the UK or overseas
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.