Senior Clinical Fellow General Medicine
- £51,017 - £64,000
- North West
As a Senior Clinical Fellow in General Medicine, you will take charge of patients who present acute or chronic medical illnesses within the hospital. You will be responsible for the diagnosis, treatment, and management of these patients. You will also be required to work closely with the multidisciplinary team ensuring that care is performed at a high standard as per the Trust’s values. You will act as an important leadership figure, you will be expected to supervise and support junior doctors in the team.
- Provide medical care to patients with acute and chronic medical conditions.
- Maintain accurate and timely medical records.
- Take part in the General Medicine on call rota.
- Use allocated study leave to keep skills and CPD up to date.
- Participate in educational programs and clinical teaching for junior doctors and medical students.
- Liaise with other members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure the delivery of high-quality patient care.
- Participate in any clinical audits and research projects relevant to the General Medicine department.
The hospital is a 500 bedded hospital close to Manchester and Liverpool. The hospital is part of one of the largest NHS Trusts in the country. The hospital includes a wide range of services covering all subspecialties within Medicine. It has established an excellent reputation for bringing on doctors from overseas and helping them get used to working in the NHS system.
The hospital is based in a town in the northwest of England, one of the most desirable regions in the UK. It is just over an hour from both Manchester and Liverpool, so you get the balance of living in a more peaceful location while easily being able to reach the two largest cities in the region. The town is within 1 hour of Manchester International Airport so trips visiting family and friends, or just a relaxing holiday, are easy and accessible.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Relevant postgraduate qualification (MRCP, USMLE, PLAB, Sri Lankan MD etc.)
- English language qualification (IELTS/OET)
- At least two years of experience working as a Registrar in the UK or at an equivalent grade overseas
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.