This is a great opportunity for a Critical Care doctor with a background in Anaesthesia. We are looking to recruit a Clinical Fellow to our friendly and busy brand new, Critical Care Unit .This will be a 1 year post working in critical care alongside activities and development, with the possibility for extension.
The unit comprises of 16 beds and is staffed by 10 consultants together with a team of 20 FTE junior staff. The wider anaesthetic department has 43 Consultants along with 6 specialty doctors. The department is dynamic, enthusiastic and fully committed to governance, development and training.
You will be expected to participate in the Critical Care rota, as well as the day-to-day clinical and managerial running of the critical care unit.
You will be part of a full shift rota including evenings, nights, and weekends.
There will also be opportunity to do regular theatre lists during daytime hours and also the possibility of working on one of the anaesthetic on-call rotas but this is activity/rota dependant.
The ICU rota is staffed by doctors of varying seniority from a range of specialties. You will be expected to be actively involved in handover of patients, ward rounds, clinical procedures, clerking, transfers, following up on investigations, and documentation to maintain a high standard of clinical care for patients.
Continual Professional Development
- There are excellent opportunities at the hospital for continual professional development.
- There is possibility of further formal education in the form of funding towards the completion of a PG Cert or equivalent in your chosen fellowship.
- The department runs weekly junior and senior critical care teaching, journal club and FRCA exam teaching for all levels.
- There is the option with some clinical fellowships to do a relevant post graduate certificate (PGcert) in your chosen topic, up to a value of £4000
- All starters are assigned an Educational supervisor
- Fellowships on offer include:
- Medical Education
- Leadership and management
- Patient Safety
- Medical hypnosis
- Social Media in Medicine/Free Open Access Medical Education (FOAMed)
- Well-being and mentoring
In order to apply for this role you will need:
- GMC Registration complete (or awaiting ID check)
- Recognized post graduate degree (EDAIC, EDIC, MRCP, FRCA, USMLE)
- Language test (OET or IELTS)
- ECFMG verification
- Experience in a similar position overseas or locally (Specialty Doctor/Specialist/Senior Resident)
- Background in Anaesthetics
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care