This is a great opportunity for a Critical Care doctor with a background in Anaesthesia. The successful doctor will join a dynamic and forward-thinking department as a Senior Clinical Fellow. The position will be for 1 year initially working in the critical care unit, with a view to extend. looking to recruit a Clinical Fellow to our friendly and busy brand new, Critical Care Unit.
The unit comprises of 27 funded beds and is staffed by 10 consultants together with a team of 20 FTE junior staff. The wider anaesthetic department has 43 Consultants along with 6 specialty doctors. The department is dynamic, enthusiastic, and fully committed to governance, development and training. There is a separate Cardiothoracic Critical Care Unit with 14 funded beds.
You will be expected to participate in the Critical Care rota, as well as the day-to-day clinical and managerial running of the critical care unit.
Under the supervision of Consultants, successful candidates will help provide care to patients on the General Critical Care Unit.
The Senior Fellow will follow the same training pattern as the rotational trainees and will be expected to cover ITU on calls out of hours. The on-call rota operates a 1:8 frequency and the trainees are fully supervised by consultants during the day shift. Overnight, there is supervision by an on call ITU consultant.
The Trust is a Major Trauma centre for the Central England Trauma Network and offers tertiary surgical services to upper gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary surgery, bariatric surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, neuro-coiling and neurosurgery, vascular surgery, major head and neck surgery, trauma and orthopaedics, urology including robotic surgery, gynaecology, renal transplant, ophthalmic surgery and plastic surgery.
Continual Professional Development
- There are excellent opportunities at the hospital for continual professional development.
- The Trust welcomes and encourages research as a high profile activity that compliments the service provided. There will be opportunities for the successful candidate to develop research interests within this post.
- These posts are ideal for doctors hoping to enter specialty training at stage 2 or apply for CESR.
- Bespoke fellowships such as teaching, research, leadership or wellbeing can be explored on individual basis
In order to apply for this role you will need:
- Experience working within the NHS previously
- GMC Registration complete (or awaiting ID check)
- Recognized post graduate degree (EDAIC, EDIC, MRCP, FRCA, USMLE)
- Language test (OET or IELTS)
- ECFMG verification
- Experience in a similar position overseas or locally (Specialty Doctor/Specialist/Senior Resident)
- Background in Anaesthetics
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care