Senior Clinical Fellow Acute Medicine
- £ 33,790 - £ 53,132 (plus 50% banding)
- North West
As a Senior Clinical Fellow in Acute Medicine, you will be part of a team striving to deliver high-quality acute medical care to a diverse range of patients and case types.
- The Acute Senior Clinical Fellows are key in managing the unselected acute medical take so senior decision making regarding ongoing care and discharge is an important part of the role.
- You’ll be working a full middle grade on-call rota alongside the Registrar/Senior Clinical Fellows from across the medical sub-specialties.
- You’ll be part of the team leading ward rounds for patients already admitted to the AMU, whereas Consultants lead rounds for new patients.
The Hospital and Department:
The hospital is invested in creating a supportive working environment for its employees, in all roles throughout the organisation.
The Acute Medical team are part of the Urgent Care Directorate, working closely with the Emergency Medicine team, alongside all other medical sub-specialties. You’ll regularly participate in multi-disciplinary meetings with doctors, nurses and advanced healthcare professionals.
As an Acute Medicine Senior Clinical Fellow, you will largely be based in the Acute Medical Unit and the Same Day Emergency Care Unit, and where needed treating Acute cases in the Emergency Department.
The hospital is based in a city in the northwest of England. This is one of the most sought-after locations for doctors moving to the UK so this is an exciting opportunity! Cost of living is low, so you have greater spending power with your take home salary. It’s an incredibly culturally diverse region with access to international markets, shops and restaurants. There is good access to an international airport for ease of visiting family and friends overseas.
The team understand that CPD is a key motivator for moving to the UK and so work to ensure that there are many opportunities available. For example, to participate in audits, research, and quality improvement. You will get a clinical and an educational supervisor and get annual appraisals and revalidation meetings. This is an excellent opportunity to get Registrar level experience to prepare you for stepping in to an ST4 training role.
The team are open to applicants from the UK or from overseas and will support you in settling into the new role.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent post-graduate qualification)
- GMC Registration either waiting ID check or Complete
- OET or IELTS
- 5+ years of clinical experience
- Registrar (or equivalent) level experience
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.
How BDI Resourcing can help
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regrading this exciting opportunity!