This exciting Trust are looking for a highly-motivated and committed doctor to join their Acute Medicine department as a Senior Clinical Fellow. You will be expected to co-ordinate high-quality care for the patients on the ward, ensuring that all patients admitted have a diagnosis and treatment plan, and receive a daily medical review.
This is an ideal post for doctors who have an interest in Acute Medicine. It is also a great option for those doctors who might be looking to get into specialty training in the future.
- Diagnose, assess and manage patients coming to the hospital with acute medical emergencies such as asthma attacks, myocardial infarctions, hypoglycaemia etc.
- Work as part of the acute medicine on-call rota. At the moment, the rota is a 1 in 10, though this is subject to change.
- You will provide medical leadership on the ward by supporting more junior staff in department.
- Collaborate with colleagues working across other specialities to ensure comprehensive patient care.
- Participate in regular CPD to keep your clinical portfolio up to date.
The hospital is a 300-bedded hospital that provides a wide range of medical services, within medicine this includes acute medicine, cardiology, gastroenterology, respiratory medicine, endocrinology, and geriatric medicine. The hospital have a good track record of helping doctors get into the training system.
You’ll be based in a town just on the coast where you’ll be surrounded by beautiful beaches and coastal scenery. It’s a popular tourist hotspot in the summer. It’ll provide you with a calm, peaceful lifestyle but you’re still only a short train journey away from either London or Bristol.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Relevant postgraduate qualification such as MRCP (UK), MRCP (Ireland), PLAB, USMLE, Sri Lankan MD.
- Background of working in Internal Medicine
The following are desirable, but not essential:
- Current NHS experience
- SCE in Acute Medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.