Registrar Trust Clinical Fellow in Neurology/Stroke
- £51,017 - £65,000
- West Midlands
Are you looking to pursue a career in Stroke and Neurology? Worked in the UK for a couple of months and now want to step into the specialty of your dreams?
This incredibly supportive team are looking for a motivated, dedicated registrar to join their team. Your duties will be In Neurology and Stroke with General Medicine on calls.
Although it is not a deanery post, the position is designed to offer everything a training position can offer such as it being portfolio-based training, getting competencies signed off and there is even room for CESR for those who want to become on the specialist register.
The department are looking for a Registrar to:
- Be part of the team leading ward rounds for patients already admitted to Neurology and Stroke, whereas Consultants lead rounds for new patients
- GIM on calls Rota
- Outpatient clinics which depend up on the departments needs
- Attend multidisciplinary meetings
- Participate in teaching juniors and schedule these in
- Participate in Audits and research
- Participation in Mortality & Morbidity case reviews.
- Communicating with other departments for both clinical and managerial
- Ensure safe practice is followed at all times
- Guiding juniors where needed, offering one to one support
The trust has multiple different sites based in the West Midlands; it has excellent opportunities for Doctors to grow professionally due to its state of the art facilities. It is equipped with advanced medical equipment, modern technology to provide the best care the patients.
This hospital has great training opportunities for those who are wanting to better their career, whether it is help getting into the training system or help being put through CESR – this trust offers both!
You will be based in a City in The Wes Midlands, one of the most popular places to live in the UK! It is known for its low cost of living and great lifestyle!
Living in the West Midlands it is like having the world at your feet, there are many different people from across the world making it feel very warm and welcoming!
For those of you who have children, it has excellent education for children, being one of the places in the UK that can offer grammar schools. Transport links here are great, Birmingham is a short 1 hour journey and if you wanted to visit London it is 2.5 hours on the train.
We know how important it is to stay in touch with family who are overseas, in this location the closest International Airport is only less than an hour away. Or you can go to the biggest airport in the UK – Heathrow Airport which is only 2 hours.
The team are open to applicants from the UK or from overseas and will support you in settling into the new role.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- MRCP Part 1 & 2 (or equivalent post-graduate qualification such as MD)
- GMC Registration either waiting ID check or Complete
- OET or IELTS
- 5+ years of clinical experience
- Registrar (or equivalent) level experience in Medicine
- UK experience is desirable
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regrading this exciting opportunity!