Registrar Stroke Medicine/Neurology
- £51,017 - £66,000
This amazing Trust are looking for a Registrar to cover both their Stroke and Neurology departments. You’ll be expected to assess and manage patients who will present a wide range of neurological disorders as well as those who are suffering stroke-related conditions.
This post will suit candidates who have a sub-specialty interest in Stroke or Neurology; those who want to spend a year in these specialties to advance their training applications; or those who fancy a change from their current role and have a clinical background in General Internal Medicine.
- Act as a Senior leader in the Acute Stroke Unit. This involves performing assessments and constructing management plans. There is close consultant supervision.
- Participate in the Stroke on call rota, review any inpatients presenting neurological or stroke-related problems.
- To work closely with colleagues in other departments and GPs for patients who are presenting symptoms covering a range of specialties.
- Perform stroke clinics via telephone or in person for stroke follow-up patients.
- Attending the weekly stroke multi-disciplinary team meeting.
- Supervise and assist with the teaching of junior doctors, medical students, and nurses.
- Participate in clinical meetings and governance meetings including M&M and academic sessions.
The hospital is large teaching hospital with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. It is a hospital that has developed a good reputation for its collaborative working environment which promotes teamwork.
The area has a high standard of living and a range of attractive towns and villages to choose from. The county boasts some beautiful countryside, historic towns, and a range of cultural attractions, making it a great place to both work and live.
You’ll be based in a town that has excellent transport connections to London. This can make it easier for international doctors to travel around the UK and access other parts of the healthcare system.
The standard of local schooling local to the hospital is fantastic. It’s a safe, family-friendly area to live which benefits from a good mix of urban and rural style of living.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Full MRCP
- Experience of audits and quality improvement
- Experience of teaching junior staff
- Experience of undergraduate teaching
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.