Registrar ST3 Elderly Care / Geriatrics
- £51,017 - £65,000
- West Midlands
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with excellent Internal Medicine experience to step into one of the largest sub-specialties of Medicine. As an ST3 in Elderly Care / Geriatrics you’ll be responsible for maintaining a high level of care to patients aged >65, >80, or displaying frailty.
The department are looking for a Registrar to:
- Cover the Elderly Care ward, Frailty ward, and Elderly Care Same Day Emergency Care (SDEC).
- Be involved in specialist outpatient clinics, including Falls, Parkinson’s, Movement Disorders etc.
- Participate on the General Medicine Registrar on-call rota.
- Conduct teaching, training, and supervision of junior doctors.
The Hospital & Department:
The hospital has just over 600 beds is the main site within the Trust. Geriatrics is part of the Medicine Division so you’ll work closely with colleagues across a wide range of medical sub-specialties including Acute Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Stroke, Neurology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, etc. There are also close links with GPs and community colleagues to ensure effective patient discharge and follow up.
Based in a small city in the west midlands, the hospital has excellent transport links to the rest of the England, and you are within an hour of an international airport for ease of visiting family and friends overseas.
You have access to a wide range of amenities such as shops, markets, cinemas, restaurants, parks, etc. There is a large number of schools in the area rated ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
The team are open to applicants from the UK or from overseas and will support you in settling into the new role.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent post-graduate qualification)
- GMC Registration either waiting ID check or Complete
- OET or IELTS
- 5+ years of clinical experience
- Registrar (or equivalent) level experience in Medicine
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.
How BDI Resourcing can help
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regrading this exciting opportunity!