As a registrar in Geriatric Medicine, you will be providing high-quality medical care to elderly patients. Geriatric medicine is a great way to enter the NHS system for international doctors, as they can use their skills in general medicine overseas and apply them to a specific sub-specialty in general medicine. This position is perfect for doctors with a background in geriatric or general medicine, who have a range of skills and experience in caring for older patients.
- Provide care to inpatient and outpatient elderly patients.
- participate in multi-disciplinary meetings, alongside specialists, consultants, and nurse from aligned departments.
- Engage in education initiatives for junior doctors and nurses.
- Participate in the on-call rota, as required.
- Be able to work independently and supervise junior doctors.
- Comply with the GMC ethical and practical requirements.
This hospital has over 300 beds, that cater to inpatient and outpatient services for a range of specialties. The main inpatient specialties of the hospital are elderly care, acute and general medicine, stroke, and cardiology, whilst also having outpatient services in most other departments. The care of the elderly department also runs a wide range of outpatient clinics, focusing on falls, stroke, Parkinson’s Disease, and general elderly care.
The hospitals in this Trust are based in a town in the southeast of England. There is easy access to London and surrounding cities, making it ideal for visiting in your free time. The area surrounding this town is filled with green hills and beautiful countryside, so there are ample opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts. With a range of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options, daily conveniences are readily available. With its proximity to London, you are less than two hours away from two of England’s largest international airports, so you will be able to visit friends and family overseas with ease.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent)
- GMC with a license to practice
- Experience in geriatric or internal medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.