The work will be predominantly inpatient based on either the general medicine ward or the respiratory medicine ward. Although there will be an opportunity for out-patient clinic work if you are interested. These posts include out of hours duties, including evenings and weekends, you will also be expected to provide registrar cover for the Medical out of hours on-call commitments.
As a middle-grade doctor working in General Medicine/Respiratory, you will be expected to:
- Diagnose and manage patients.
- Liaise with other members of the clinical team and other specialties.
- Participate in either General Medicine or Acute Medicine on calls.
- Manage time and clinical priorities effectively.
- Working alongside junior doctors, other specialty doctors and nurses to ensure effective and rapid care for patients.
- Prescribe safely, keep accurate and relevant records.
- Use evidence, guidelines, and audit to benefit patient care.
- Manage ethical and legal issues which occur during the management of patients.
Alongside your clinical duties you will also be required to:
- Maintain a portfolio of training.
- Help train junior clinicians within department.
- Participate in continued professional development.
- Engage in research and audits.
The South West is a beautiful place to live and provides long-lasting benefits for all, especially so for those with young families. The area is famed for its beautiful beaches and warmer weather, though if you prefer an urban lifestyle you will still be well-accommodated for in cities like Bristol, Exeter and Plymouth.
- Regarded as the area with the best beaches in England, providing you with some beautiful scenery close to home.
- Very safe place to live with some of the lowest crime rates in the country.
- Access to some brilliant schools locally for your children.
- If you wanted to take a trip to London it is only a short 2 hour journey away.
- Cities like Bristol and Plymouth are very culturally diverse and provide you with good transport links to the rest of the UK.
The hospital is a small district general hospital, part of one of the largest University Trusts in the South West of England. The hospital is very well-known for the incredible support it offers doctors from overseas. You will be provided with an extensive support programme tailor-made to address your specific needs.
The Trust will assign you with a relocation officer to support you before you start work, as well as a clinical supervisor and an educational supervisor. The Trust have access to an array of training materials, continued professional development is very-much encouraged.
In order to apply for this role you will need:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification (MRCP, MRCPI, PLAB, USMLE, Sri Lankan MD etc.)
- IELTS or OET if you are coming from overseas
- Full GMC registration or registration in process
- Experience in a similar role whether in the NHS or elsewhere
As well as the above, the following are also desirable, though not necessarily essential:
- Full MRCP
- Sub-specialist interests in Elderly, Respi, Diabetes or Stroke
- Right to work in the UK (Skilled Worker Visa can be sponsored for overseas applicants)
- SCE or other recognised senior qualifications
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short and long term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this vacancy or if you would like to discuss your search for work and seek advice on other available posts then please send a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com and one of the team will be in touch to discuss your options.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your job search.