For international doctors seeking new and fulfilling roles within the NHS, a general medicine registrar position offers an excellent opportunity to utilize their knowledge in internal medicine to provide comprehensive care and support to patients across various age groups. In this post, you will also have exposure to treating various stroke cases, including diagnosing, and helping your consultants rehabilitate stroke patients. This role not only provides valuable experience in managing acute medical conditions but also furthers professional growth and the development of essential clinical skills, making it an attractive option for doctors aspiring to excel in the field of internal medicine.
- Participate in the full medical on-call rota,
- Respond to medical emergencies, across all specialties, in both inpatient and outpatient settings as required.
- Deliver comprehensive stroke assessment and acute intervention for patients who have suffered a stroke.
- Performing diagnoses and assessments of patients admitted for stroke, as well as monitoring patients before and after treatment.
- Place patient-safety, dignity, and high-quality care at the centre of the post.
- Working alongside junior doctors, other specialty doctors and nurses to ensure effective and rapid care for patients.
- Participate in relevant audit, teaching of junior doctors, and quality assurance processes.
This hospital is a central hub for various specialized medical services in the Southeast. These services encompass renal, vascular, interventional radiology, urology, dermatology, neurology, and hemophilia. The hospital has cutting-edge facilities, including an orthopedic center and an advanced robotic surgery for Head and Neck and Urology cases. Offering a comprehensive range of medical services, it also houses an urgent treatment center. Additionally, the hospital features a postgraduate teaching center, making it an ideal place for furthering medical education. With just under 300 beds, this hospital is a great place for international doctors to adapt to a new healthcare system.
Located in a historic university city, the hospital is in proximity to the city’s Medical School. This beautiful location is surrounded by charming countryside, beautiful beaches, and historical sites, all while maintaining convenient access to London. For those with families, the area has excellent schools and numerous leisure facilities, making it easy to enjoy quality time with loved ones. Furthermore, the availability of beautiful and affordable housing options ensures that achieving the perfect work-life balance is within reach.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- MRCP 1 & 2 (or equivalent)
- Full GMC with a license to practice.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.