As a general medicine registrar in the NHS, you will have the opportunity to continue to develop your skills and knowledge that you have acquired as a doctor from overseas. General medicine is a great way to enter the NHS, as it will allow you to use your wide range of experience in internal medicine. This post will also provide exposure to geriatric medicine, so it is perfect for doctors with an interest in elderly patients, neurology and stroke as these fields are closely aligned.
- Participate in the on-call rota as required.
- Actively engage in the education and supervision of junior doctors and nurses
- Take part in ward rounds, as well as outpatient clinics.
- Engage in multidisciplinary meetings with specialists and consultants of different specialties.
- Ensure high standards of practice as outlined by the GMC.
The acute hospital within the trust has over 500 beds, making it a great size for doctors who are looking to join the NHS for the first time. The trust has a fully developed older people’s service in their acute site, including therapies and community services. As a general medicine registrar, you will also have the opportunity to be involved in all other specialties and departments within the Trust, such as cardiology, neurology, stroke, nephrology, and geriatrics amongst others. You will also be working under the supervision of trained and experienced consultants and specialists, providing a lot of opportunities to develop further into the field of internal medicine.
The town in which the hospital is based offers affordability compared to larger cities, making it a cost-effective choice. Surrounded by natural beauty, the town is surrounded by beautiful countryside and rivers, ideal for outdoor enthusiasts and those seeking a peaceful lifestyle. With a rich history, historic landmarks, museums, and a vibrant culture, there's always something interesting to explore. There is also convenient transport in and out of the city. You can travel to larger cities within about an hour, and the capitol is only a couple hours away, so you can always visit on your days off from work. The closest international airport is only about an hour away, making it quite easy to visit friends and family overseas.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent)
- GMC with a license to practice.
- Experience in general internal medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.