Blackpool Teaching Hospitals are looking for experienced doctors looking to join as a registrar in elderly medicine. Elderly medicine is the biggest specialty of medicine in the UK, and it is perfect for doctors with a background in geriatric or general medicine. Coming in as a elderly medicine registrar in the NHS allows you continue to progress in your career. This is the best way for doctors to begin their specialization into geriatric medicine, and to get exposure into the different sub-specialties in general medicine.
- Provide high quality inpatient and outpatient care of elderly patients.
- Participate in the on-call rota as required.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary meetings, alongside consultants, specialists, and nurses.
- Provide teaching and guidance to junior doctors and nurses.
- Work alongside the acute and emergency departments to provide outstanding service to elderly patients.
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is located the Northwest, in a seaside town called Blackpool. There is an award-winning Frailty service at the Trust, which works in liaison with the community-based services within the division. Blackpool Victoria Hospital is an 800-beded tertiary teaching hospital, with a dedicated CESR lead for geriatricians looking to get onto the specialist register. The elderly care department in Blackpool Teaching Hospitals is staffed with highly experienced consultants and specialists, which will be able to support you.
As Blackpool is a seaside town, it often encourages a lot of tourism from all over the UK. There is a long beach and promenade, which is perfect for spending day with the family or to enjoy the seaside amusements. You will also be living in one of the most diverse areas in the country, whilst also enjoying the benefits of a much lower cost of living compared to the rest of the UK. There are also plenty of nearby towns and cities to visit, as Manchester, Liverpool, and Leeds are all less than a couple hours away. The public transport in and around Blackpool is accessible to use, making it very easy to access these cities. You will also be able to get to the closest international airport in Manchester, which is just an hour away, so you can visit friends and family overseas.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent)
- GMC with a license to practice.
- Experience in elderly medicine or general medicine.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.