- Locum Consultant Radiologist with a Special Interest in MSK/Neuro
- £93,666 - £126,281k per annum
- 1-Year NHS Fixed Term Contract
In addition to receiving tertiary referrals from across the Southeast of England, our client has a network of spoke’ sites at district general hospitals enabling its consultants to offer their expertise with routine treatments and consultations as close to patients’ homes as is possible. With the recent addition of video led virtual’ consultations it also enables patients who have some distance to travel to avoid the additional stress and worry of a long journey. Working for this Trust combines the excitement, challenge and career opportunities of many larger organisations with the satisfaction of delivering excellent patient care that really does re-build its patients’ lives.
- 8.5 PA DCC
- 1.5 SPA
- No on-calls
- Contributing towards MSK / General / Neuro speciality workload with the expectation to be able to report general radiology examinations including Xray
- There is an expectation to support registrars, CDC pathways and to work flexibly to cover colleagues.
- This role is to cover core staging work for H&N / plastics specialities as well as our imaging work performed on behalf of primary care and CDC.
- To support clinical reporting of work
- MDT participation / reporting governance
- Training and supporting registrars / reporting radiographers.
- Support sonographers with report queries
- REALM / governance meetings
- Pathway development for CDC
- Participation with imaging network at T&F groups
Working for the Organisation
A 80-bed hospital, world-famous for its pioneering burns and plastic surgery and a high performing acute district general hospital. Rated GOOD overall with outstanding care by the CQC.
A specialist NHS hospital providing life-changing reconstructive surgery, burns care and rehabilitation services across the South of England and beyond. Specialising in conditions of the eyes (corneoplastics), hands, head and neck cancer and skin cancer, reconstructive breast surgery, maxillofacial surgery and prosthetics, providing regional and national services in these areas of clinical expertise. Its world-leading clinical teams also treat more common conditions of the eyes, hands, skin, and teeth for the people locally and surrounding areas. In addition, our client provides a minor injuries unit, expert therapies, a sleep service, and a growing portfolio of community-based services. Patients consistently rate our client amongst the top hospitals in the country for quality of care. Its success is underpinned by the skills and enthusiasm of its staff and a strong culture of partnership. Fully committed to training and development of the workforce with support for continuing education and learning.
Located in West Sussex an area with several beautiful national trails, charming villages, historic castles and action-packed outdoor activities, it's no surprise it is a popular place to live, with abundance of bustling market towns offering unique, independent shopping, breath-taking medieval architecture and a wealth of rail options into the Capital and further afield. Bordering Hampshire, Surrey and its Eastern counterpart, West Sussex brings together a dynamic and complementary balance of green, village life and calm modern developments. Found to have a selection of high-quality educational facilities, some of which are the best in the United Kingdom for all ages.
- Relevant NHS experience
- Speciality experience in MSK / Neuro / General
- Governance experience (REALM / other)
- MDT participation
- Teaching / mentoring
- Participation with imaging networks
- CDC awareness
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next Consultant Radiology role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS, and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new Consultant in Clinical Radiology role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new Radiology role in the NHS including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care