Locum Consultant Neurology
- £88,364 - £119,133
- West Midlands
As a Neurology Consultant you will be joining a team of specialised Neurologists to deliver high quality care to patients with Neurological conditions.
The Trust are seeking a Consultant to:
- Be a senior decision maker on the Neurology wards, leading a team of Registrars and junior doctors.
- Participate in General Neurology outpatient clinics, and Same Day Emergency Care (SDEC) Neurology clinics.
- 1:11 weekend on-call rota, contribution to Acute/General Medicine unselected take.
The opportunity is based in a city in the west midlands:
- The area is famed for its international community and diverse range of markets, shops and restaurants.
- There are many ‘Good’ and ‘Excellent’ rated schools in the area so the level of education is very high.
- Good access to Birmingham International airport for when you want to visit family and friends overseas.
The role is based in a large 800+ bed district general hospital. The Neurology team comprises Consultants, Registrars, SHOs, Neurophysiologists, and a team of Specialist nurses in Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis and Epilepsy. The Neurology team work closely alongside a team of General Physicians to manage and consult on Neurology cases, as well as liaising with the Stroke Medicine team.
The hospital has close links with the local tertiary centre and the post-holder will be expected to liaise closely with these teams for certain specialised cases.
The Trust is committed to continuing professional development. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in monthly Neuropathology meetings with colleagues, dedicated Neurology teaching days with the junior team, and regular invitations to present about Neurology.
In order to apply for this role you will need:
- Full MRCP
- IELTS or OET
- GMC Registration
- Consultant experience in Neurology, or senior Registrar/Specialist experience and looking to step up.
How BDI Resourcing can help
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regrading this exciting opportunity!