Locum Consultant in Vascular Anaesthesia
- £88,364- £119,133
- South East
This is a new post for a Consultant Anaesthetist with an interest in Anaesthesia for major General and Vascular Surgery. Due to the expansion of the vascular service in particular, the job is suitable for those who would like to develop their vascular skills and robotic surgery exposure. Interests of successful candidates can be taken into consideration following appointment.
The job plan consists of 10 PA’s per week including core SPAs of 1.5 The timetable will usually include fixed or flexible DCC PAs for operating theatre sessions, pre-assessment and attendance at MDT as required. The out-of-hours rota frequency is currently 1 in 13. You will also be allocated 0.5PA per week for peri-operative care, general administrative duties, notes reviews and other related clinical duties.
Location – East of England
Salary - £88,364- £119,133
Contract – 12 months (with a view to extend)
The department is made up of a friendly team of 31 Consultant Anaesthetists, including nine Critical Care Consultants and three chronic pain Consultants. The wider team also boasts consists of Associate Specialists, a team of Specialty Doctors and trainees from the Foundation Programme and Eastern Region School of Anaesthesia.
The department boasts 17 operating theatres across three suites, this included a 24 hour dedicated emergency theatre. The Anaesthetics department has a dedicated hybrid theatre for vascular and interventional radiological procedures situated adjacent to recovery and the Critical Care Unit. This theatre has a large anaesthetic room to facilitate line insertion and regional anaesthesia, a built-in C-arm and mobile lead screens for radiation protection and a ‘Haemochron’ ACT machine.
The Vascular Services provided at the Trust are tertiary, covering all complex major vascular procedures including non-fenestrated and fenestrated endovascular and open aortic aneurysm repairs, carotid endarterectomy and distal revascularisations. This service is supported by weekly Consultant-led vascular preassessment clinics seeing all major vascular cases, Consultant Anaesthetist attendance at vascular MDT and cardiopulmonary exercise testing for all patients requiring aortic surgery for non-occlusive disease
Main duties of the job
- Following your Trust and departmental induction, you will be expected to participate in the on call consultant rota, covering general emergencies, vascular emergencies and obstetrics.
- Provision for peri-operative assessment
- Cover for emergency, thoracic and vascular emergencies
- Implementation of Trusts Clinical Governance programme
- Active participation in clinical audit, appraisal and risk management projects
- Supporting junior members of staff who show interest within the Vascular subspecialty
Opportunities for development
- This position provides exciting opportunities for development, innovation, research, education and training.
- The team have a very active clinical audit and governance programme, which provides all members of the Consultant body an opportunity to lead audit presentations, core topics lectures, training sessions, governance reviews.
- As a new member of the Consultant body you will also have the opportunity to take on the role of an Educational Supervisor for trainees who are undergoing their primary fellowships.
- Annual appraisals are co-ordinated by the Trusts revalidation department and personal development plans will be created with your designated appraiser
In order to apply for this role, you will need:
- GMC Registration complete (or awaiting ID check)
- Recognized post graduate degree (EDAIC, EDIC, MRCP, FRCA, USMLE)
- Language test (OET or IELTS)
- ECFMG verification
- Subspecialty advanced training within Vascular Anaesthesia
- Experience working in a similar role at Consultant grade within the NHS or Overseas
- Solid understanding of the CCT or CESR process
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this opportunity or if you would like to discuss your search for work and seek advice on other available posts then please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the Anaesthetics & ICU specialists will be in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your job search!