Locum Consultant in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- £88,364- £119,133
- East Midlands
Are you a highly skilled and experienced Anaesthetist looking for your next exciting career opportunity? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can make a real difference in people's lives? We are currently seeking a talented and passionate Consultant Anaesthetist who can contribute to the delivery of high-quality patient care. As a key member of the healthcare organization, you will have the chance to work with a diverse range of patients and conditions, utilize cutting-edge technology and techniques, and collaborate with a team of dedicated healthcare professionals to achieve optimal outcomes. If you are a driven and ambitious individual with a commitment to excellence, we invite you to apply for this exciting position and take your career to the next level.
The main site of the Trust is a large and modern complex, which caters for most of the major acute specialties and has over 700 inpatient beds. It provides general medical and care of the elderly services including a medical emergency assessment unit and coronary care unit. The site also provides specialist cardiology, respiratory, gastroenterology and renal and neurology services with a 24/7 endoscopy / GI bleed service and an on-site outpatient dialysis unit. There is also a large and busy Accident and Emergency Department, and the hospital is Trauma Unit in the East Midlands Major Trauma Network with excellent links to the regional Major Trauma Centre at University Hospitals Nottingham. The site provides general surgical and specialist colorectal surgical services, trauma and elective Orthopaedic services as well as ENT, OMF and Ophthalmology surgery in a 10-theatre suite with separate theatre provision for Obstetrics/Gynaecology.
- As a consultant in the department, you will have shared responsibility for the day-to-day management of the service and participation in strategic planning, alongside active involvement in MDT meetings, clinical governance and teaching within the service.
- The Anaesthetics team are very flexible when it comes to job planning, and you will be given the opportunity to review your rota before commencing in post. The weekly average of the prospective job plan is 10 PA’s.
- You will be expected to participate in a 1 in 13 on call rota with the other consultants to provide on call emergency cover, including recall to Trust sites during these times.
- You will be allocated two SPAs within your job plan, which are allocated for undertaking specific supporting activities within the department/Trust.
- From the day you join the department you will be required to follow a programme of continuing education to encourage your personal development
- You will be required to participate in clinical governance and quality improvement projects, with opportunities to collab with other departments across the Trust.
- The Trust is extremely supportive of the GMC Revalidation process and are happy to assist in the process of annual assessment, appraisal, and Revalidation
- Newly qualified Consultants will be allocated a clinical mentor from within the Anaesthetic Directorate and will also be supported by a programme of Leadership mentoring during their first year in post
- The Trust also has an active CESR program with educational supervisors and subspecialty leads available to mentor suitable doctors through the specialist registration process.
- The Anaesthesia directorate can offer all CESR competency modules other than cardiac and neuro, including advanced paediatrics.
To apply for this role, you will need:
- Full GMC Registration (or have been invited to your ID check in the UK)
- Prior NHS experience (working at any grade)
- A recognised post graduate qualification (e.g. EDAIC, EDIC, MRCP, FRCA, USMLE)
- Great English language skills (evidenced via an OET or IELTS exam)
- Experience in a similar position either overseas or domestically (Specialty Doctor/Specialist/Senior Resident)
- Experience of supervising undergraduates, doctors in training and other colleagues
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regrading this exciting opportunity!