This is an excellent opportunity within the Anaesthetics department at a fantastic NHS Trust in the Midlands, well known for the support they can provide and the possibility for continuing professional development. This post has been created for those with an interest in pursuing a job plan in General Anaesthesia, perioperative and Intensive Care. You will be offered the opportunity to work closely with the existing Anaesthetists in the Trust to provide a high standard of care across the Trust.
The job will give you exclusive access to the hospitals one of a kind ‘New Consultant Programme’ – developed by the Trust to support new consultants’ introduction into the organisation. The comprehensive program is fantastic for doctors working within the NHS as a Consultant for the first time.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated Anaesthetist with an interest in Intensive Care to join an enthusiastic and forward-looking team – not only is it in a fantastic location, being in the midlands, but it also boasts a one-of-a-kind leadership program for newly established consultants. As an acute district general hospital, the organisation offers both general and specialist hospital services.
- As a Consultant in the department you will have shared responsibility for the day to day management of the service and participation in strategic planning, alongside active involvement in MDT meetings, clinical governance and teaching within the service.
- The Anaesthetics team are very flexible when it comes to job planning, and you will be given the opportunity to review your rota before commencing in post. The weekly average of the prospective job plan is 10.96 PA’s.
- You will be expected to participate in a 1 in 18 on call rota with the other consultants to provide on call emergency cover, including recall to Trust sites during these times.
- You will be allocated two SPAs within your job plan, which are allocated for undertaking specific supporting activities within the department/Trust.
- From the day you join the department you will be required to follow a programme of continuing education to encourage your personal development
- You will be required to participate in clinical governance and quality improvement projects, with opportunities to collab with other departments across the Trrust.
- The Trust is extremely supportive of the GMC Revalidation process and are happy to assist in the process of annual assessment, appraisal and Revalidation
- Newly qualified Consultants will be allocated a clinical mentor from within the Anaesthetic Directorate and will also be supported by a programme of Leadership mentoring during their first year in post
- The Trust also has an active CESR program with educational supervisors and subspecialty leads available to mentor suitable doctors through the specialist registration process.
- The Anaesthesia directorate is able to offer all CESR competency modules other than cardiac and neuro, including advanced paediatrics.
In order to apply for this role you will need:
- Full GMC Registration (or have been invited to your ID check in the UK)
- Prior NHS experience (working at any grade)
- A recognised post graduate qualification (e.g. EDAIC, EDIC, MRCP, FRCA, USMLE)
- Great English language skills (evidenced via an OET or IELTS exam)
- Experience in a similar position either overseas or domestically (Specialty Doctor/Specialist/Senior Resident)
- Experience of supervising undergraduates, doctors in training and other colleagues
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regrading this exciting opportunity!