Applicants are invited for Consultant positions within the Anaesthetic Department at a fantastic Trust in the North West. The posts have arisen due to retirement, service development and recent relocation.
This is a full time post fixed term for 12 months, with the opportunity for 10 or 11 weekly PA’s. On call duties include providing anaesthetic services for emergency surgery, maternity, paediatric emergencies for stabilization and transfer, ICU cover on a 1 in 8 basis.
You will be joining a friendly multidisciplinary team including consultants from anaesthetic and medical backgrounds. The Trust will actively encourage any successful applicant to develop a specific area of interest, such as bedside echo and ultrasonography on the critical care unit.
- Job title: Locum Consultant in Anaesthesia and Critical Care Location: North West
- Salary: £88,364- £119,133
- Contract: 12 months (with a view to extend)
- Taking part in the delivery of anaesthesia and critical care services to satisfy the demands of service.
- Providing anaesthesia treatments for both adults and children undergoing a range of district general surgical procedures.
- Participation on a consultant on call rota (1 in 8) which will involve emergency out of hours cover for emergency anaesthesia, admissions to, and ongoing care of patients in ICU, emergency anaesthetic cover for the maternity unit, and anaesthetic assistance in the stabilisation of critically ill children.
- The post holder will be expected to take an active part in local, regional and national audit and QIPs, as well as attend MDTs, audit and M & M meetings
- The main duties of the position will depend on your confirmed job plan.
There is a varied range of sessions to take up which include:
- Regional Anaesthesia
- Dental procedures
- Urology and emergency urology
- There are Clinical Education Centres on both hospital sites with library, study and IT facilities
- The department participates fully in the trust appraisal process for trainers and benefits from the trust’s educator development programme.
- All the consultants and a number of the specialty doctors are registered as Clinical Supervisors. There are a smaller number of Educational Supervisors within the department, who are allocated 1-2 of the 9 rotational
- The department runs regular departmental and inter-departmental audit and Morbidity and Mortality Meetings, as well as in-situ simulation sessions within the Critical Care and Maternity Units, as well as theatre.
- The department has quarterly up-date CPD sessions, which aims to support all members of the department in their individual wants and needs.
In order to apply for this role you will need: ·
- Full GMC Registration (or have been invited to your ID check in the UK) ·
- Prior NHS experience (working at any grade) ·
- A recognised post graduate qualification (e.g. EDAIC, EDIC, MRCP, FRCA, USMLE) ·
- Great English language skills (evidenced via an OET or IELTS exam) ·
- Experience in a similar position either overseas or domestically (Specialty Doctor/Specialist/Senior Resident) ·
- Experience of supervising undergraduates, doctors in training and other colleagues
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regrading this exciting opportunity!