An exciting opportunity has come up in this welcoming and supportive Gastroenterology team in the northwest of England. You’ll be working across Gastroenterology in-patient and out-patients services, including sessions in the JAG accredited Endoscopy Unit. The Trust has a dedicated CESR lead for individuals pursuing this pathway to Specialist Registration.
The Trust are seeking a Consultant to:
- Join a team of dedicated Gastroenterologists committed to delivering patient-centred care in a busy environment.
- The job plan will include Endoscopy day-cases, Gastroenterology outpatient clinics, Gastroenterology ward in-patients, 1:6 (aims to move to 1:8) out-of-hours GI bleed Endoscopy service.
- Current job plan is 1 week in 6 is for the ward-based work and GI bleed on-calls, then the remaining 5 weeks are largely Endoscopy, Clinic and Admin weeks.
The hospital is based in a town in the northwest of England, one of the most desirable regions in the UK. It is just over an hour from both Manchester and Liverpool, so you get the balance of living in a more peaceful location while easily being able to reach the two largest cities in the region. The town is within 1 hour of Manchester International Airport so trips visiting family and friends, or just a relaxing holiday, are easy and accessible.
The opportunity is based in a large 750+ bed university teaching hospital hospital in the northwest of England. It provides services to a population of over 330,000 local residents. The post-holder will be joining a specialist team in delivering a range of therapeutic and diagnostic services across Gastroenterology. There is a JAG accredited Endoscopy Unit which at present has 5 Endoscopy procedural rooms, with funding having been secured for a sixth in 2023. Procedures undertaken in the Trust include, ERCP, EUS, balloon dilatation, thrombin injection for gastric varices, push enteroscopy, etc.
You will be joining a team of Consultant Gastroenterologists, junior Gastroenterology doctors, Clinical Endoscopists, Dietitians, GI Physiologists, and Specialist Nurses in IBD, Nutrition, Liver, Alcohol, and UGI.
The post-holder will get 1.5 SPAs per week for Continued Professional development, to be undertaken on site unless otherwise agreed. As a Gastroenterologist in a JAG Accredited Unit, you will be undertaking clinical audits of the service for continued JAG accreditation.
New appointees will be invited to a 4-month senior doctor induction programme to help get settled in. Further, if you are looking to pursue the Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) pathway, you will be liaising with the Trust’s dedicated CESR lead as you gather your evidence.
In order to apply for this role you will need:
- Full MRCP
- IELTS or OET
- GMC Registration
- Consultant experience in Gastroenterology, OR senior Registrar/Specialist experience in Gastroenterology and looking to step up.
How BDI Resourcing can help
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regrading this exciting opportunity!