Haematology Specialty Doctor
- £50,373 - £78,759 (depending on experience)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse and welcoming team as an NHS Specialty Doctor in Haematology. Your job plan will include participation in outpatient haematology clinics, attendance of haematology ward rounds and haematology teaching/research opportunities. You will be offered dedicated mentorship/guidance to assist in your educational development (for example via CESR) and as this Trust forms part of a haematology network with Guys & St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust and Kings College NHS Foundation Trust, it will be possible to gain exposure to all haematology training sub-sets/areas. As with most Haematology Specialty Doctor jobs, the rota will be on the basis of a standard 10 PA = 40 hour p/w job plan, which is likely to include the following;
- Attending outpatient clinics
- Participating in MDT meetings
- Supporting Professional Activities (non-clinical time for personal development)
- Ward Rounds
- Teaching/Training junior staff (both doctors and nurses)
- Inclusion in the on-call rota (this will only be included when you are fully comfortable in post)
The department are very willing to consider applications from overseas trained haematology doctors who would like to start their NHS haematology careers at a Registrar or Specialty Doctor grade in the first instance – once acclimatised to the NHS system you would be supported in moving towards independent work as a Consultant Haematologist via a CESR portfolio submission. In this regard, the department are extremely supportive of international haematology candidates and can offer a compassionate and safe environment to start your NHS career.
Salary – £50,373 - £78,759
Location – Greater London
Duration – Fixed Term 1 Year (with a view to becoming permanent)
- The Trust is located in London which offers all of the amazing transport links you would expect via train, plane and road. You can easily explore the rest of the UK/Europe or spend time even further afield by using one of the 4 major international airports in/near London.
- Although there can be concern regarding the cost of living in London, most people working at this Trust can commute in via train from a number of affordable areas close by
- Access to all the amenities you could need will be on your doorstep, alongside the ability to explore London in your free time
- There are outstanding schools nearby for all ages, including a selection of private schools and state schools.
In order to apply for the role, you will need:
- Full GMC Registration (or be in a position to apply)
- Full MRCP(UK) is desirable, however not essential
- At least 4 years of core internal medicine experience
- Some Haematology experience is highly desirable
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next Haematology Specialty Doctor role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of the haematology specialty, the NHS system and local regional information
- Video based interview preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new Haematology Specialty Doctor role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new oncology role in the NHS including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this haematology vacancy or if you would like to discuss your search for work and seek advice on other available posts then please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the specialist haematology team will be in touch to discuss your options.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your job search!