If you're interested in being a Consultant in Geriatric Medicine, this is an exciting chance. Geriatric medicine is a subspecialty of general internal medicine, and it is often a very accessible way for international doctors with a wide range of experience in general medicine to join the NHS. This post is perfect for experienced doctors with a special interest in ensuring the best care for elderly patients.
- Management of elderly patients, in both an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Participate in clinical audit and professional development.
- Provide education and training for junior and middle-grade doctors.
- Engage in the on-call rota, where required.
- participate in multidisciplinary meetings with other consultants, staffing, and specialist nurses to ensure the holistic care of patients.
- Work in liaison with rehabilitation and community geriatrics
Within the Trust, there are multiple sites, with nearly 900 inpatient beds in total. The hospital at which this position takes place is a busy teaching hospital, with a wide range of departments, including acute medicine, surgical services, pediatrics, medicine for older people, and maternity services, amongst others. There is a stroke unit consisting of over 30 beds, which accommodates both acute stroke patients and those with rehabilitation needs.
This hospital is based in a town between some of the most desired cities to live in, such as Liverpool, Manchester, and Blackpool. There is a mixture of rural and urban life, meaning you can get both a peaceful way of life and urban business, depending on what you prefer. There are also many sports facilities, such as golf courses, and sailing and rugby clubs. There are also 2 international airports within less than an hour’s driving distance, making it really accessible to travel abroad or within the UK. There is a huge international community in the area, with a wide range of restaurants, shops, and religious places of worship.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP
- GMC with license to practice.
- Wide range of experience in internal or geriatric medicine.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.