The medical team at this welcoming Trust are looking for a motivated individual to join their team. This is a General Medicine role, which are usually quite rare in the NHS, so this is an exciting opportunity for a doctor with good Internal Medicine experience.
- The post-holder will be working largely in the inpatient general medical wards. There is also potential opportunity to get involved in Medical outpatient clinics.
- General Medicine is a multidisciplinary sub-specialty at its core, so you will be working in a large team with Consultants, Registrars, SHOs, specialist nurses, and AHPs from across all medical specialties in the hospital.
- All General Medicine Registrars are expected to participate on the General Medicine on-call rota, which will give enhancements on the basic salary, dependent on the rota.
- Medicine Registrars are also a crucial part of the team’s quality improvement, to constantly be striving to improve quality of care.
The hospital has around 500 beds, with the General Medicine department sitting within the Division of Medicine and Emergency Care. Medical wards include: Acute Medicine, Cardiology, Respiratory, Diabetology, Gastroenterology, Care of the Elderly, Stroke, plus two general medical wards.
The Trust puts great emphasis on quality improvement so all post-holders are expected to get involved with this. This goes hand-in-hand with enabling and encouraging continued professional development of their team, e.g. training courses, research, audits, teaching other members of the team etc. The hospital has a post-graduate centre, lecture theatre, library.
The Hospital is located in a town in the north west of England. It has all the necessary amenities without being overwhelmingly busy, with excellent transport links to some of the busiest cities in the midlands and the north of England. The town is also only 30 minutes away from an international airport, to easily go and visit family and friends overseas. It has low cost of living compared with much of the rest of England so everything is much more affordable. There are 46 schools within 5 miles of the hospital rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ by the government.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent)
- OET or IELTS
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.