Fixed Term Locum Consultant in Acute Medicine
- £88,364 - £119,133
- East Midlands
As an Acute Medicine Consultant in the NHS, you will be part of a supportive, welcoming team. You will be required to make senior decisions and review patient who come through the front door.
The selected employee will help contribute the development of Same Day Emergency Care and cover the Acute Medical Unit. Some of the main duties will also include:
- Liaise with the Emergency Department to make sure an outstanding service is provided for patients.
- To actively be involved in Audits and Quality improvement.
- As a senior member of staff, you will be required to provide teaching and guidance to Junior Doctors.
- Participate in Research projects.
- Yearly appraisal meetings with the team
- Work closely with the Emergency Department to make sure there is constant communication
The Midlands is one of the most popular places to live in the UK due to it being very multicultural. Some other benefits you have are:
- Low cost of living and a great area to raise a family
- Great transport links to other Major Cities of the UK such as London, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol, etc.
- High standard of education for children
- Great size city with all the standard amenities you need
- Within proximity of International Airports
The opportunity is based in a Large Teaching Hospital which provides a wide range of different medical services for patients across The Midlands. They are well known for their excellent Emergency and Acute Medicine department providing an incredible service to patients.
The hospital and Trust are known for helping international doctors settle into the NHS and provide them with good support to kick start their career in the UK. It is also known for encouraging seniors through the CESR route to gain their specialist registration.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP
- GMC Registration either waiting ID check or Complete
- Overseas Consultant experience is welcome
- UK experience at Registrar level or above
- SCE exam
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this opportunity or if you have any questions you’d like to ask then please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will be in touch to discuss this with you.