This Trust in the west midlands is looking for an ambitious Respiratory Medicine Physician to join their welcoming team. This is an exciting opportunity in an expanding department which encourages continuing professional development and constantly developing skills in Respiratory procedures. This is a great option for an established Respiratory Medicine Consultant or someone at a Specialty Doctor / Specialist level who is looking to step up. The appointee will be responsible, alongside the rest of the Consultant team, for delivering high-quality care to patients requiring Respiratory care.
- In-patient work is based in specialist Respiratory wards. There is no General / Acute Medicine on-call commitment associated with this role, the out of hours work is spent covering Respiratory Medicine wards. This is currently working to 1:6 weekends.
- You will be expected to participate in Bronchoscopies, EBUS, Medical Thoracoscopies, alongside other specialist out-patient clinics.
- The multidisciplinary element of this role includes working with other specialisms within the Trust, as well and participating in regional Respiratory Medicine MDTs with other Trusts.
- As a senior member of staff, you will be responsible for training and teaching junior doctors, nurses and other members of the team. Further, to commit to quality improvement within the service to ensure the continued high level of care for patients.
- The job plan is flexible to be discussed between the appointee and the hiring Consultant, but as rough plan would include 7.5 PAs of direct clinical care and 2.5 PAs of Supporting Professional Activities.
The Hospital & Department
The hospital serves a population of just below 250,000 people. The Trust is expanding its infrastructure, including new blocks and electronic systems, as well as expanding their clinical staff base. The Respiratory team has been part of this expansion, with two additional Respiratory Medicine Consultant roles having been established to account with the growing need for out-patient and Bronchoscopy and Pleural work. You will be working in a highly specialised team, including specialist nurse support, specialist physiotherapists, physician associates, physiologists etc.
Outpatient clinics run by the department include: Allergy, Specialist Asthma (networked into regional service) Bronchiectasis, COPD, One Stop Lung Cancer, Pleural, ILD (networked into regional service), Sleep, TB (networked into regional network and local MDT) Domiciliary Ventilation and EMPOWER primary care MDT working. The team provides a full range of lung function testing, has a dedicated inpatient sleep lab room, run two Endoscopy lists per week, among other specialist services.
The hospital is based in small city in the west midlands, England. It is a tranquil place to live, with easy access to the beautiful surrounding countryside. It is an ideal location for an adventurous individual looking to get out into nature, or a relaxed, safe environment to raise a family. There is a high0level of schooling in the city, from primary school right up to sixth form colleges. There is a range of services in the city, but also good links to major cities like Birmingham and Manchester. The city is around 1.5 hours’ drive to Birmingham International Airport, so you can easily go and visit family and friends.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP or equivalent post-graduate qualification.
- OET or IELTS
- Respiratory Medicine experience at a Consultant or Senior Registrar, Specialty Doctor or Specialist level.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.