Consultant Respiratory Medicine
- £88,364 - £119,133
This is an exciting new post for any senior physicians who have a subspecialty interest within Respiratory Medicine. You’ll be joining a well-renowned Respiratory team and will have plenty of opportunity to learn and develop your skills from colleagues who are amongst the best in this field. There is a General Medicine element to this role, this will involve taking charge of the unselected take and inpatient care based on the respiratory ward, with time also spent off the wards. This role would be suitable for consultants who are already listed on the Specialist Register or who are looking for CESR support to get their CCT.
- Regular ward rounds on the inpatient Respiratory ward including, supporting junior doctors and the multidisciplinary team.
- Take part in the on-call rota. This commitment will be a 1 in 12, covering weekday and weekend evenings.
- Undertake a general Respiratory clinic and a subspecialty clinic (subspecialty clinic flexible to candidate’s interest).
- Participate in the education and training of junior doctors, medical students and nurses.
- To participate in the training and assessment of specialist registrars rotating through the department and supervision of junior doctors.
- Attend and take active role in respiratory department meetings as well as MDT (multi-disciplinary team) meetings.
- To collaborate and work to maintain Respiratory services in line with strategic requirements.
- To contribute to the development of Respiratory services, treatment guidelines and the promotion of greater knowledge of the management of Respiratory conditions in primary care.
- To stay up to date with regards to clinical skills and knowledge, with appropriate CPD in clinical and non-clinical fields. This would be supported by study leave where appropriate.
- Engage in annual appraisals. Develop and maintaining appropriate systems and practice to ensure effective clinical audit in Respiratory medicine.
- To provide, with the other Consultants in the specialty, routine and emergency Respiratory services to the Trust, operating a system of mutual out-of-hours cover, and cover for annual, study and professional leave.
- Attending and contributing to the Trust’s Clinical Governance Programme.
The hospital is an 800 bedded hospital in north Wales, it serves a population of approximately 300,000 people. The hospital prides itself on its friendly, supportive atmosphere; you should expect to see a warm welcome upon arrival with a structured support system to help you get settled in.
You’ll be based in the north of Wales, just next to the English border. You’ve got the best of both worlds here, you’ll have very easy access to larger settlements like Liverpool and Chester, you’re also just under an hour away from some of the most beautiful natural scenery the UK has to offer with the national park of Snowdonia.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Full MRCP
- Experience working independently as a Specialist or a Consultant if coming straight from overseas
- If applying from the UK, you must have at least three years of experience at Registrar grade or above.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.