Consultant Respiratory Medicine
- £88,364 - £119,133
This well-respected Trust are looking for a full-time Consultant physician in Respiratory Medicine as part of their plan to expand and develop their current Respiratory Medicine service. Your role is an integral part of this exciting development. You will be encouraged to develop a sub-specialty interest within Respiratory Medicine. As one of the most senior doctors of the team, you will be expected to lead specialty registrars, SHOs, foundation year doctors and nurse and help them to learn and develop their own skills within the specialty. You will be responsible for providing the full breadth of respiratory (inpatient, outpatient, specialty referral and diagnostic) duties. Specialist registration is not required for this post, applicants will be given support to go through CESR where required.
- Regular ward rounds on the inpatient Respiratory ward including, supporting junior doctors and the multidisciplinary team.
- Undertake a general Respiratory clinic and a subspecialty clinic (subspecialty clinic flexible to candidate’s interest).
- Participate in the education and training of junior doctors, medical students and nurses.
- To participate in the training and assessment of specialist registrars rotating through the department and supervision of junior doctors.
- Attend and take active role in respiratory department meetings as well as MDT (multi-disciplinary team) meetings.
- To collaborate and work to maintain Respiratory services in line with strategic requirements.
- To contribute to the development of Respiratory services, treatment guidelines and the promotion of greater knowledge of the management of Respiratory conditions in primary care.
- To stay up to date with regards to clinical skills and knowledge, with appropriate CPD in clinical and non-clinical fields. This would be supported by study leave where appropriate.
- Engage in annual appraisals. Develop and maintaining appropriate systems and practice to ensure effective clinical audit in Respiratory medicine.
- To provide, with the other Consultants in the specialty, routine and emergency Respiratory services to the Trust, operating a system of mutual out-of-hours cover, and cover for annual, study and professional leave.
- Attending and contributing to the Trust’s Clinical Governance Programme.
The hospital is a large acute general hospital which provides care to a population of 700,000 people. It comes with a full range of Respiratory Medicine services. The hospital has gone through a recent expansion following funding approval, so lots of your time will be spent in the new section of the hospital with access to state-of-the-art facilities.
The hospital is well-known for its friendly and supportive working-environment so you’ll be well-looked after if this is your first NHS role.
The hospital is based just outside of Glasgow, the largest city in Scotland. Glasgow has a population of 650,000 people and is known as one of the UK’s main cultural and economic hubs. Glasgow has an incredibly diverse and welcoming population. Being in a major city, you’ll have access to all the typical amenities such as shops, cafes, restaurants, parks, museums, theatres etc. Glasgow comes with an international airport for trips overseas. It also has train links going directly to Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham and London. Glasgow benefits from a very low cost of living compared to the rest of the UK.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Full MRCP
- Experience of audits and quality improvement
- Experience of teaching junior staff
- Experience of undergraduate teaching
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team