Consultant Physician in Acute Medicine
- £88,364 - £119,133
- Providing senior clinical opinions and being responsible for leadership, management and decision making in the AMU.
- Participate in the AMU weekend Consultant on-call rota, which is 1:8 weekends, shifts from 08:00 to 14:00.
- This is a 10 PA post, 8.5 of these PAs will be clinical work, with the remaining 1.5 SPA dedicated to CPD, appraisals, research etc.
The hospital has a range of medical services including Acute Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Respiratory, Cardiology, Care of the Elderly, Infectious Diseases and General Medicine.
The team are keen to support people through CESR and can discuss this further if it’s something you’re interested in.
The hospital is based in Manchester, in the north of England. This is one of the most sought-after locations for doctors moving to the UK. Cost of living is low, so you have greater spending power with your take home salary. It’s an incredibly culturally diverse region with access to international markets, shops and restaurants. There is good access to an international airport for ease of visiting family and friends overseas.
As well as current NHS Consultants, the team are open to discussions with doctors with overseas Consultant experience, or UK middle grades looking to step up to a Consultant level, as well as a range of other profiles.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent post-graduate qualification)
- GMC Registration either waiting ID check or Complete
- SCE exam
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
If this opportunity looks like it might be of interest, please send your CV through to email@example.com and it can be considered for the post. If you have any questions or would like to find out more about the opportunity feel free to send your queries through to the same email address and we can discuss it further.