Special interest in Acute Medicine but can look at developing sub-specialty interest.
- To provide high quality and effective acute care to patients in the region.
- Working to increase the number of early discharges from the AMU as well as working in SDEC/ ACU to reduce the number of unnecessary admissions.
- Providing senior clinical opinions and being responsible for leadership, management and decision making in the AMU.
- Review and implement patient management plans.
- Supporting patient admission pathways in the hospital. Working closely with other sub-specialties within the hospital, including Acute Frailty and Emergency Medicine, as well as with GPs, ambulance staff, and community care services.
- Work closely with your team of Acute Consultant Physicians, junior doctors, nurses, advanced practitioners, and non-clinical managers.
- Participate in the AMU weekend Consultant oncall rota, which is 1:8 weekends, shifts from 08:00 to 14:00.
- Teaching junior doctors about Acute Medicine, both during bedside teaching on the ward and in allotted training sessions.
- This is a 10 PA post, 8.5 of these PAs will be clinical work, with the remaining 1.5 SPA dedicated to CPD, appraisals, research etc.
- Contribute to Divisional, Trust and Regional committees.
The hospital is a 700-bed hospital with a wide range of services where you’ll be exposed to a diverse range of clinical cases. The hospital has close links with the regional deanery and local universities so is heavily involved in training. The Trust prides itself on its dedication to quality improvement and research so in your SPAs there will be lots of projects to get involved with.
The Trust is committed to continuous professional development, which for many candidates may mean CESR support. This is something the Trust can assist with to help the right candidate get on to the specialist register.
The opportunity is based in the midlands, a highly sought-after location in England. Well connected with excellent transport links, the location makes it easy to go and visit family, friends and see the sights around the UK. Further, you will be located less than 2 hours from a major international airport so you can easily go and visit family and friends overseas.
Based in a mid-sized city, you have a wide range of amenities and services on your doorstep, so you’ll have lots to do on your days off. The location strikes an excellent balance of providing a bustling city lifestyle while also very easily being able to venture into the attractive English countryside to see the scenery.
There are many schools in the area rated ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ so you can be confident on the level of education if you have children to consider.
The cost of living is low compared to a lot of the rest of the UK so you will have a greater spending power with your take home pay.
As well as current NHS Consultants, the team are open to discussions with doctors with overseas Consultant experience, or UK middle grades looking to step up to a Consultant level, as well as a range of other profiles.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent post-graduate qualification)
- GMC Registration either waiting ID check or Complete
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
If this opportunity looks like it might be of interest, please send your CV through to email@example.com and it can be considered for the post. If you have any questions or would like to find out more about the opportunity feel free to send your queries through to the same email address and we can discuss it further.