Consultant Paediatrician with interest in Diabetes
- £82,096 - £110,683 per annum
- West Midlands
This NHS Trust are looking for an experienced Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology consultant to join a small but dedicated team. As this is a small unit, all consultants are expected to be involved in general paediatrics and neonatology on calls and so it is important to be comfortable in management of both SCBU and acute general cases.
As a Consultant in Paediatrics Diabetes and Endocrinology, you will be expected to:
- Take the lead in Diabetes and Endocrine MDT Meetings.
- Be responsible for the management of children of all acute and chronic endocrine and diabetes disorders.
- Comfortable with intubation and resuscitation of babies from 32 weeks gestation and above.
- Take on calls in General Paediatrics and Emergency Paediatrics.
- Have an in-detail knowledge of audit and quality improvement in a clinical setting.
- To review and implement patient management plans.
- Working closely with a multi-disciplinary team for child safeguarding activities.
- Teaching junior paediatrics doctors, both during bedside teaching on the ward and in allotted training sessions.
- The post is based out of an Acute General Trust with 350+ beds.
- The Hospital does not have a pediatric in-patient ward and ambulances convey directly to a neighbouring tertiary centre.
- There is an ambulatory service at this trust through the PAU with pathways for urgent and emergency paediatric care.
- There is an 8 cot SCBU at this Trust which admits babies from 32 weeks gestational age.
- The Trust is located in the heart of the UK with fantastic connections to London, Coventry and Birmingham.
- The hospital is situated in a market town known for its low cost of living for both accommodation and amenities.
- This is a very family friendly location with public parks and excellent facilities. There are some highly rated schools in the area which offer both primary and secondary education.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- GMC Registration with full MRCPCH.
- Demonstrable experience in paediatric diabetes and management of endocrine cases.
- Exceptional communication skills and professionalism.
- Confident in decision making related to child safeguarding cases.
- Prior experience in a level 2 Neonatal unit is desirable.
- An in-depth knowledge of audit, quality improvement and clinical governance.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short and long term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.