Working as a consultant in geriatric medicine will allow you to keep progressing within the field of elderly care. These doctors can work completely independently and have a special interest older patients. As geriatric medicine is a subspecialty of general medicine, it allows doctors to apply their expertise across a wide range of illnesses and medical conditions that are common in older patients, such as frailty, Parkinson’s Disease, and Dementia, amongst others. This makes geriatric medicine very accessible for highly skilled and experienced international doctors who are looking to continue their medical career in the NHS.
- Providing high-quality inpatient and outpatient care to elderly patients.
- Lead daily ward rounds with junior doctors.
- Provide medical consultations when required from other specialists.
- Participate in the consultant on-call rota, as required.
- Engage in the supervision and education of junior doctors, medical staffing, and specialist nurses.
- Participate in multidisciplinary meetings.
- Take part in research, clinical audits, and clinical governance.
This is a large teaching hospital, with over 900 inpatient beds. The different departments there provide care for patients within emergency, neurosurgery, cardiology, oncology, and elderly care units, amongst others. Each specialized department is comprised of consultants, specialist, and junior doctors, who all work together to ensure the highest quality care for the population of the southwest. Within the care of the elderly department, there are facilities to manage chronic conditions of the patients, rehabilitation, as well as working in tandem with community services to provide the holistic care of the elderly patients. As a consultant in this post, you will have the opportunity to liaise with specialists from all departments.
The hospital is based in a town on the south coast of England and provides access to beautiful coastal areas. The waterfront, nearby beaches, and green countryside offer many fun opportunities and scenic views for those looking for a peaceful and nature-rich life. There is also a wide range of cultural attractions, such as theaters, galleries, restaurants, and shops. The city’s transportation links are also great, allowing you easy access to the surrounding towns, as well as easy travel into London, which is a direct train-ride away. You are also less than an hour away from an international airport, meaning you can visit friends and family overseas with ease. The southwest of England is known as a great place to raise a family and provide a high quality of life.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP
- GMC with license to practice
- Experience in Geriatric/General Medicine
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.