A consultant in geriatric medicine is a medical professional who focuses on the healthcare needs of older adults. Their primary role is to diagnose, treat, and manage complex medical conditions that commonly affect the elderly population. They work closely with interdisciplinary teams to provide comprehensive care, including addressing age-related health challenges, chronic diseases, cognitive impairments, and functional limitations. Consultant geriatricians play a crucial role in promoting preventive measures, optimizing medication management, and enhancing the overall quality of life for their elderly patients. This position is perfect for doctors with a wide experience in general medicine and a special interest in elderly care.
- Participate in daily ward rounds.
- Provide high-quality inpatient and outpatient care for elderly patients.
- Participate in furthering the education and supervision of registrars and junior doctors.
- Engage in research, clinical governance and clinical audit to the growth of effective clinical care.
- Attend MDT (Multi-disciplinary meetings)
- Undertake research to further the understanding of geriatric medicine.
The Trust has a wide variety of divisions, such as medicine, cancer and diagnostics, surgery, and women’s and children’s, community services, and integrated pathways, amongst others. The department of Care of the Elderly provides high quality acute geriatric care for all older patients, as well as providing a wide range of community and rehabilitation services. The department has highly experienced consultants supervising the middle-grade and junior doctors, as well as enhancing the role of the specialist nurses in the award-winning Frailty Service. There are over 1,200 inpatient beds across the multiple sites of the Trusts, with over 30 beds dedicated to the front door service for elderly people.
Around the hospital is surrounded by many beautiful towns and peaceful countryside. You will also only be about an hour and a half away from the center of London, meaning that you can visit on weekend trips and your days off without having to endure the high cost of living in London. As this town is close to the channel, there are many waterfront activities, cozy pubs, shops, and award-winning restaurants. In this town, you will also be within a 2-hour radius of 3 of England’s largest international airports, so you will be able to visit friends and family overseas with ease.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP
- GMC Registration
- Wide range of experience in internal medicine.
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.