A geriatrician is a medical doctor who focuses on the care of older adults. They possess a wide range of knowledge and expertise in diagnosing, treating, and managing the health challenges and conditions that commonly affect seniors. Geriatricians address issues such as chronic illnesses, cognitive decline, mobility limitations, and complex medication regimens. Because of this, geriatric medicine is highly accessible to international doctors with skills in general medicine. This role is ideal for doctors who possess extensive experience in general medicine and a passion for providing care to the elderly population.
- Develop personalized treatment plans to address complex health issues in older individuals.
- Coordinate and manage the care of geriatric patients, collaborating with multidisciplinary teams.
- Provide expert guidance to junior medical staff, sharing knowledge and promoting best practices in geriatric medicine.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of clinical guidelines and protocols.
- Participate in continuous professional development and stay updated with the latest advancements in geriatric care.
- Collaborate with administrators and other specialists to enhance patient pathways and outcomes.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of care provided to geriatric patients.
- Participate in clinical audits and reviews to ensure adherence to standards and guidelines.
- Engage in research projects and clinical trials related to geriatric medicine.
- Effectively communicate with patients, families, and caregivers, explaining medical conditions and treatment options in a compassionate manner.
This 600-bedded hospital offers a comprehensive range of medical services, including emergency care, surgical procedures, maternity services, and various medical specialties. It aims to provide accessible and quality healthcare to its diverse patient population, addressing a wide spectrum of medical needs and conditions. This hospital has multiple elderly care wards, with over 30 beds across the wards. There is also an acute frailty on-call service, which ensures that frail patients are quickly assessed and treated for their injuries and illnesses. In this post, you will also be working alongside specialists in community geriatrics, as the hospital has a wide range of units dedicated to the comprehensive care of its elderly patients.
The area around the hospital is a charming region located in southeastern England. It has a mixture of picturesque countryside and vibrant urban life, making it an appealing destination for overseas doctors. The area is home to modern medical facilities, research centers, and renowned universities, offering excellent opportunities for professional growth and learning. The friendly and diverse community creates a welcoming environment for international doctors, allowing them to easily integrate and make lasting connections. Additionally, there are excellent transportation links to London, making it a perfect place to live if you are looking to be around an hour away from the capitol. You also get the privilege of being near London but avoiding the highly expensive cost of living there. The area is also about an hour and a half away from some of the biggest airports in the country, making it very accessible to visit friends and family abroad.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCP (or equivalent)
- Full GMC registration with a license to practice.
- A wide range of experience in a medicine field
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.