This is an exciting opportunity to join a supportive Trust in the South West of England as a Paediatric Consultant in an award winning Children’s Unit.
Some of your duties include:
- Making senior decisions within your team and in a patient setting
- Out-patient clinics several times a week.
- On-call once a month.
- Rota shared between 10 doctors.
- You will be part of the Consultant of the week team which will be 3-4 times a year.
- Responsible for paediatric medical admissions, paediatric assessment unit and supporting paediatric care in the emergency department.
- Take part in audits research and teaching
- Safeguarding rota, consultants take on responsibility for child protection issues.
- Participate in an average of 3 general paediatric clinics a week
The hospital is a 700-bed hospital including a 32 paediatric bed ward and serves a population of 500,000. It is home to an award winning NICU which opened in 2011. The hospital has a wide range of services including medicine and surgery, accident and emergency services, and diagnostic and clinical support.
The Paediatric team has a reputation for providing both undergraduate and postgraduate training. Additionally, the team are dedicated to a leadership program for the development of new consultants as there is a strong ethos around coaching and mentoring. Support can be given to applicants with varying experience to accommodate development within the role, and so we would invite informal pre-application enquires as necessary.
The hospital is located in the South West of the England in a beautiful city. The city has a diverse and international community with a vibrant cultural scene. It is the perfect spot for tourism due its iconic landmarks and picturesque countryside.
There is an international airport just a 30-minute drive away in the neighboring town. Additionally, to get to the capital city, London, it takes 1 and a half hours on the train. The city has good rail and road connections making is hassle-free to reach other major cities.
The city has a range of restaurants, cafes, and markets offering local and international cuisine. The area provides many things to do for all ages such as scenic walks along the Skyline, charming streets for shopping, museums, and spas.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- Full MRCPCH or equivalent
- GMC Registration
- At least 3 years of clinical experience?
- Level 3 safeguarding
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
- Ability to organise and manage out-patient priorities, waiting lists
- Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary team
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.