The Emergency Department are actively seeking qualified consultants to relocate to the area and commence employment as a substantive consultant. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a designated Trauma Unit at a Trust that offers great career prospects and a fantastic work-life balance.
This trust, based in the West-Midlands, boasts some of the most picturesque parts of England and Wales. This is an exciting opportunity for an NHS experienced doctor who is seeking their first role as a substantive consultant after achieving specialist registration.
The successful applicant will join the consultant panel in the Hospital and would be provided with a 10PA job plan. This will include 6.5 clinical, 2.5 SPA and 1 PA for on-call activities. The following is also expected:
- Deliver first class Emergency Medicine service to all patients
- Participate in the development of the Emergency Medicine service treatment protocols and guidelines
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with Medical colleagues in other specialities and participate in regular clinical meetings and other postgraduate activities.
- Participate in the on-call rota on an equal basis with Consultant colleagues to ensure that appropriate Emergency services are provided out of normal working hours
- Take an appropriate share of responsibility for the professional supervision and development of trainee doctors within the speciality, to include appraisal
The Midlands offers fantastic opportunities to new arrivals in the UK. The Midlands is host to some of the largest cities within the UK and is well known for its diversity and inclusion of people from all backgrounds. Whether you are looking for a busy metropolitan city, or a peaceful rural town, the Midlands has it all. Other benefits include:
- Fantastic transport links to London and the North.
- Nearby to one of the largest cities in the UK.
- Low-cost of living.
- Wealth of highly rated schools for people with families.
- Vibrant city life for people looking for social opportunities.
The Trust provides acute hospital services for approximately 500,000 people in the local community, with two main hospitals that provide 99% of the activity. These hospitals both offer A&E, Critical Care, Diagnostics, Outpatient and Inpatient Medical Care.
The Trust is able to offer support in personal and professional development through a number of practices; as the Trust is consistently involved in research projects, any specialist interests you may have can be facilitated. The ongoing partnership with a local university opens the possibility to teach medical students attached to the department. In addition, due to the ongoing service reconfiguration at the hospitals, this role will offer the unique opportunity to be a part of these developments.
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following requirements:
- GMC registered
- Completion of CCT
- UK experience
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to utilise BDI Resourcing when applying for your next position, you will receive the following support from our expert team of Emergency Medicine recruiters:
- Tailored CV preparation and advice.
- Job application support, ensuring your CV is presented to the relevant points of contact.
- Interview preparation utilising questions that are specific to your role and the hospital you are applying to.
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary and financial relocation support.
Once you have accepted your new role, you will then be provided support by one of our dedicated relocation experts, who will be there to support you in every step of your move into your new location. This includes:
- Gathering of pre-employment documentation and verification.
- CoS and VISA guidance and support.
- Short-term and long-term accommodation sourcing.
- Travel arrangements and guidance.
- Family support in locating schools and any other pastoral support required.