A Trust in the East Midlands are looking for a Consultant Histopathologist to join their expert team in a large University Hospital and contribute to the Pathology Services of the region. Specialty interests can be discussed and accommodated during the interview process. Given the extensive reach of the Pathology services, they are able to offer all major site-area reporting interests. The post holder will also be working alongside other Consultants that are reporting on a wide array of site-areas which will be discussed in MDT meetings.
Due to the nature of the hospital, they have the facilities to support IMG’s through their CESR (Portfolio Pathway) application and have a strong track record of successful applicants. There is also a strong emphasis on CPD and progressing personal career interests.
The location of the post provides easy access and is well connected to Sheffield and Nottingham whilst still being close to an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) and the East coast. With the North’s lower cost of living compared to the South and the plentiful, high-quality schooling options in the area, this post is also ideal for applicants that would be relocating with their family.
Job Title: Consultant Histopathologist with negotiable reporting interests
- Location: East Midlands
- Salary: £93,666 - £126,281
- Contract: Fixed-Term (12months with possible extension)
The Cellular Pathology department is situated in a purpose built block of the hospital. The post-holder will be provided with their own office equipped with a high-spec microscope and reporting workstation which utilises voice recognition and digital photographic equipment. Digi-reporting is also presently being implemented and expanded.
Alongside the personal office equipment, the department caters to most of the major specialties with Whole Slide Imaging (WSI) digital microscopy, a redeveloped surgical pathology lab and two Leica Bond Immunostainers. It has been internationally recognised as an exemplary model of an efficient Lean laboratory service.
- This is a 10PA job with no out of hours requirements
- The post holder will take part in the 10 weekly MDTs.
- Expectation to take part in Appraisal, Mandatory Training and MDT attendance are expected.
- The SPA core time is provided and undertaken within the Trust but there is availability to work from home for up to 1 day a week (needs approval from Clinical Lead)
- Consultants are encouraged to develop their roles as educators, innovators and leaders within the department, the hospital and beyond.
- Research activities are actively supported
- Several Consultants hold National Lead roles, and we are enthusiastic in supporting each other in activities such as presenting work at national and international conferences
- Teaching is strongly supported departmentally and trainees regularly give the department good feedback about this.
- From the day you join the department you will be required to follow a programme of continuing education to encourage your personal development
- You will be required to participate in clinical governance and quality improvement projects, with opportunities to collab with other departments across the Trust.
- The Trust is extremely supportive of the GMC Revalidation process and are happy to assist in the process of annual assessment, appraisal, and Revalidation
- Full GMC Registration
- Recognised post graduate qualification (FRCPath)
- Evidence of participation in CPD
- Non-UK trained applicants need to show evidence working towards CCT equivalent (CESR/Portfolio Pathway)
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regarding this exciting opportunity!