A Trust in the North-West of England are looking for a Consultant Histopathologist with an interest in Breast reporting to join their expert team in a large University Hospital and contribute to the Pathology Services of the region. The post holder will also be working alongside other Consultants that are reporting on a wide array of site-areas which will be discussed in MDT meetings.
Due to the nature of the hospital, they have the facilities to support IMG’s through their CESR (Portfolio Pathway) application and have a strong track record of successful applicants. There is also a strong emphasis on CPD and progressing personal career interests making it ideal for those with existing NHS experience too.
The location of the post provides easy access and is well connected to central Manchester and Liverpool whilst still being close to a national park and the sea. With the North’s lower cost of living compared to the South and the plentiful, high-quality schooling options in the area, this post is also a great option for applicants relocating with a family.
Job Title: Consultant Histopathologist with interest in Breast reporting
Location: North-West England
Salary: £93,666 - £126,281
Contract: Fixed-Term (12months with possible extension)
A tight-knit team of 8 Consultants, the Trust’s commitment to work environment made it one of the HSJ’s 2015 Best Places to Work. Paired with the recent modernisation as a result of the new pioneering histopathology laboratory opened in mid-2022, it makes for a fantastic career opportunity for the post holder.
This open plan, UKAS accredited laboratory includes 4 specimen dissection benches, 2 Thermo Scientific Histostar embedding centres, 5 microtomy stations and the necessary equipment for all routine staining as well as a Thermo Scientific Gemini AS H&E stainer and CTM6 cover-slipper. This laboratory is spread over three floors and receives approximately 28,000 requests a year spread across multiple site-areas.
- This is a 10PA job with no out of hours requirements
- The post holder will be the Breast MDT Lead and Deputy for Upper GI and CUP MDTs and will take part in the 10 weekly MDTs.
- Expectation to take part in Appraisal, Mandatory Training and MDT attendance are expected.
- The SPA core time is provided and undertaken within the Trust but there is availability to work from home for up to 1 day a week (pending approval from the Clinical Lead)
- Consultants are encouraged to develop their roles as educators, innovators and leaders within the department, the hospital and beyond.
- Research activities are actively supported
- Several Consultants hold National Lead roles and are enthusiastic in supporting activities such as presenting work at national and international conferences
- Teaching is strongly supported and trainees regularly give the department good feedback about this.
- From the day you join the department you will be required to follow a programme of continuing education to encourage your personal development
- You will be required to participate in clinical governance and quality improvement projects, with opportunities to collab with other departments across the Trust.
- The Trust is extremely supportive of the GMC Revalidation process and are happy to assist in the process of annual assessment, appraisal and Revalidation
- Full GMC Registration
- Recognised post graduate qualification (FRCPath)
- Evidence of participation in CPD
- Non-UK trained applicants need to show evidence working towards CCT equivalent (CESR/Portfolio Pathway)
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regrading this exciting opportunity!