A Trust in the South West Peninsula are looking for a Consultant to join their expert team of 15 Pathologists in a large University Hospital and contribute to the Pathology Services of the region. The post holder will also be working alongside other Consultants that are reporting on a wide array of site-areas which will be discussed in MDT meetings.
Due to the nature of the hospital, they have the facilities to support IMG’s through their CESR (Portfolio Pathway) application and have a strong track record of successful applicants. There is also a strong emphasis on CPD and progressing personal career interests.
A busy waterfront city which borders with the beautiful Dartmoor National Park offers the post-holder some of the UK’s top hiking, scuba diving and sailing opportunities. The location also has excellent transport links including direct trains to London and even Edinburgh! Exeter and Bristol airports also provide easy access to domestic and international flights.
- Job Title: Consultant Histopathologist
- Location: South West
- Salary: £93,666 - £126,281
- Contract: Fixed-Term (12months with possible extension)
One of the largest providers of Histological services in the South West Peninsula and a major tertiary referral cancer centre, this opportunity will allow the post-holder to subspecialise in a number of areas including Renal, Thoracic and Haematopathology.
With an annual workload of 37,000 surgical specimens, 2200 non-gynaecological cytology and 850 autopsies, the department is focused on developing some of the best BMS practitioners to support their Consultants. With a new state of the art facility, which includes Immunohistochemistry as well as electron microscopy, the post-holder will have access to in situ hybridisation for Epstein Barr virus and FISH for chromosomal losses. With the introduction of Ventana immunostainers, the Department has increased the range of antibody tests it’s capable of doing.
- This is a 10PA job with no out of hours requirements
- The post holder will take part in the 10 weekly MDTs.
- Expectation to take part in Appraisal, Mandatory Training and MDT attendance are expected.
- The SPA core time is provided and undertaken within the Trust but there is availability to work from home for up to 1 day a week (needs approval from Clinical Lead)
- Consultants are encouraged to develop their roles as educators, innovators and leaders within the department, the hospital and beyond.
- Research activities are actively supported
- Several Consultants hold National Lead roles, and we are enthusiastic in supporting each other in activities such as presenting work at national and international conferences
- Teaching is strongly supported departmentally and trainees regularly give the department good feedback about this.
- From the day you join the department you will be required to follow a programme of continuing education to encourage your personal development
- You will be required to participate in clinical governance and quality improvement projects, with opportunities to collab with other departments across the Trust.
- The Trust is extremely supportive of the GMC Revalidation process and are happy to assist in the process of annual assessment, appraisal, and Revalidation
- Full GMC Registration
- Recognised post graduate qualification (FRCPath)
- Evidence of participation in CPD
- Non-UK trained applicants need to show evidence working towards CCT equivalent (CESR/Portfolio Pathway)
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new role including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
We look forward to hearing from you regarding this exciting opportunity!