Consultant Elderly Medicine
- South East
This is an exciting opportunity if you are looking for a Consultant position in Geriatric Medicine. This reputable Trust are looking for a driven doctor to get on board with their journey of strengthening their presence at the front door as well as the community around.
The team are looking for a dynamic person with strong leadership and innovation skills to work in a team to develop Frailty services.
- Making senior decisions on the ward
- You will help contribute the development of Same Day Emergency Care and cover the Acute Medical Unit
- Attend MDT (Multi disciplinary meetings)
- Give safe and clinically correct advice to juniors and students when needed
- Bedside and classroom teaching regularly
- Promote a friendly and team-based working environment
- Participate in clinical governance activities including clinical audits, incident reporting, risk management, complaint reviews, CPD. Each specialty has a Consultant Clinical Governance lead.
- There are opportunities to undertake research. There are University and Trust research facilities available to use for interested doctors.
- The post-holder will be required to comply with Trust and GMC standards for appraisal and revalidation, including continuing professional development.
- The post-holder will be required take an active part in the development of the role and to help drive geriatric services forward into the next decade.
This hospital offers flexible working opportunities and understand the need for making time for the ones you love at home. They are a family feel team where you will instantly feel like you fit into the team. The hospital has a reputation for delivering high standards of care to the local population.
The hospital is a medium-sized district general hospital with a CQC rating of ‘Good’. It offers a range of development opportunities for medical professionals including a tailored educational plan. The hospital has a good track record of helping doctors get their CCT through CESR and would be willing to offer the same dedicated support for the successful applicant.
Being just an hour away from London is a great place to live for a work, life balance! You don’t have the expensive cost of living like you would living in central London but your only a short train journey away!
The area has a high standard of living and a range of attractive towns and villages to choose from. The county boasts some beautiful countryside, historic towns, and a range of cultural attractions, making it a great place to both work and live.
Education in the area is fantastic, making it a family friendly place to live with other benefits of an urban and rural style of living.
Also, being a short journey away from an international airport makes it easier for those to visit family overseas.
To apply for this position, you will need the following:
- GMC registration complete or in process
- Full MRCP
- OET or IELTS
- Evidence of previous management/leadership responsibilities
- Ideally 1 year of NHS experience
How to Apply
To apply for this role, simply send your CV through to email@example.com and one of our specialist medicine team can pick it up. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please email your queries through to the same address and one of our team will be in touch.