This is an opportunity to join a leading Cancer Centre in London as an NHS Locum Consultant in Clinical Oncology. Applicants for Medical Oncology will also be considered.
There is workforce of close to 8000 staff, so it is one of the largest acute Trusts in the UK. The Trust cars for a population of over 700,000 and is based in a very diverse and multicultural area of London. The department has an excellent reputation for onboarding overseas trained Oncologists and supporting them in their NHS professional development.
You’ll be based in the main Cancer Centre which has a large multi-disciplinary team and is well-staffed by Consultant Oncologists, Specialty Doctors, Oncology trainees. You’ll be actively participating in teaching Foundation Year doctors and the Specialty Trainees in Oncology.
The Centre treats the full range of tumour sites, which will give you excellent exposure if you’re looking to sign-off competencies for CESR Specialist Registration. There is a custom-built SACT suite which also is home to Acute Oncology Service beds which are well-supported by nurses. The inpatient care is in bespoke oncology and haematology wards.
The state-of-the-art radiotherapy department offers: Varian Linear Accelerators, CT scanner, Xstrahl superficial units, SABR, IGRT, VMAT, 4dCT and CBCT guided radiotherapy via the ETHOS platform.
The Trust is home to a dedicated cancer clinical trials team, and you’ll be encouraged to take part in research and trials.
You have the option to live in London, or if you’d prefer to live slightly more rurally, there are excellent transport links to the Hospital. The schools nearby are available for all ages and are extremely high performing.
Post (10PA = 40 hours p/w)
- Managing Gynae tumours (supported by Medical Oncologists, Trainees and Nurses)
- Managing a secondary subsite (this will be discussed in the interview)
- Contributing to the Acute Oncology Service, undertaking ward reviews, and offering advice (supported by Nurses and Consultants)
- Participating in Clinics and protected time for admin
- Participating in multi-disciplinary team meetings
- Contributing to on-call rota (telephone advice to inpatients and other teams)
- Partaking in research and clinical trials
- Actively contributing to clinical governance and quality enhancement projects
- Supervising, teaching, and training junior doctors and medical students.
- Supporting programmed activities, including continuing professional development, and training (help and support will be provided where necessary)
- Fixed term (this is fixed-term for candidates who are not on the GMC Specialist Register)
- £88,364 - £119,133 (dependant on years of consultant experience)
- Relocation package (from port-of-entry to UK)
- Eligible for GMC Registration
- Full FRCR (UK), MRCP (UK), or equivalent post-graduate qualification
- Ability to practice Oncology independently
How BDI Resourcing can support
When choosing to apply for your next Consultant in Clinical Oncology role with BDI Resourcing, you’ll have the full support of an expert recruitment team who will assist, as standard, with:
- CV Preparation using our recognised bespoke guidance
- Application support with expert knowledge of specialisms, NHS and local support
- Video based Interview Preparation using specific example questions according to job role
- Contract and offer negotiations for salary, relocation packages, tenure and more
Once you have accepted your new Consultant in Clinical Oncology role, you’ll then be met by one of our dedicated relocation executives who will guide you through all the way to starting to your new Oncology role in the NHS including:
- Document gathering and checking
- COS and Visa Application support if applicable
- Short- and long-term accommodation sourcing
- Travel Arrangements
- Family support for finding schools and any other aspects of pastoral care
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this opportunity or if you would like to discuss your search for work and seek advice on other available posts then please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the specialist oncology team will be in touch to discuss your options.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your job search.